Toolbar - move items around

Hi. With the toolbar, I’ve been able to click and drag to reorder the items. I recently downloaded the latest Xojo version, and now I cannot seem to do this. Is there a new trick to it or a bug?

It’s not a real toolbar, so you can’t do that any longer. And yes, it seems strange that Xojo would not use its own toolbar.

That’s a bummer. I use toolbars in many of my apps! What are others using now?

Wait, you are talking about the toolbar control that you want to use in your own program, right ?

So basically you would like to change the order of buttons ?

Yes, the standard toolbar from the controls list

It still works, but doesn’t seem to be able to shift the items around (buttons, separators, etc)

You mean at design time or at run time ?

In Desktop or web ?

Design time. And for Windows

Is there a way to alter the positions of the items at run time if not by design?

What kind of project ?
Thats relevant

In a desktop project you create a toolbar as a project item and in the toolbar editor you can move items around
You cant move them around on the instances placed on layouts

[quote=270436:@Norman Palardy]What kind of project ?
Thats relevant[/quote]
xojo_binary_project

This is what I’ve been using all along. Would it help to change to something different?

Desktop or Web project

Sorry Norman. Desktop

[quote=270436:@Norman Palardy]
In a desktop project you create a toolbar as a project item and in the toolbar editor you can move items around
You cant move them around on the instances placed on layouts[/quote]

Thanks Norman. Yes I am aware of the ability to only be able to drag and drop in the toolbar editor only.

So here’s a story. I was experiencing this on my Windows computer. Tried on Mac with starting a new desktop project and adding the toolbar. Added two buttons and was able to move these around no problem.

Then I attempted a new desktop project on the Windows machine. Added two items to the toolbar, but unable to drag and drop. When I click on an item and move the mouse, the screen flashes white and everything disappears until I let the mouse go. Is this a bug on Windows machines with the latest update? Should I try to uninstall Xojo and reinstall?

Would seem to be a Windows bug in the IDE

Submitted a bug report. <https://xojo.com/issue/44197>