Toolbar doesn't fire action event in MacOS 27

Just updated to Golden Gate and Xojo 2026 2.1.
Now the toolbar in my project doesn’t fire the Toolbar Action event. Button image changes when you click but no code fires, not even a simple one line message box. Open and close event work.
Works on MacOS 26 with the same Xojo release.
The project controls have not been updated but work fine.

Open a ticket https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo and provide an example app and it’ll help everyone if it’s a bug.

I’m assuming you’re using an API 1 Toolbar, since you refer to an Action rather than Pressed event . I also assume this is what you mean by project controls not being updated.

I am pretty sure that Xojo will not fix an API 1 issue.

My recommendation is that your example project be API 2, with DesktopToolBar. Submit that to Xojo if the issue persists. If you’re lucky they might accidentally fix the old toolbar, as well.

I grudgingly updated to API 2 years ago. I am not having Golden Gate toolbar issues, but the Mac versions of my projects use NSToolbarMBS, I may get curious, though, and test this myself. :slight_smile: