Toolbar button images changing size

I have an app that has a problem with the toolbar. When I build it with 2017r2.1, the icons in the toolbar are fine. If I build it with 2017r3, the icons are displayed much smaller. The image files are PNG files and are all 64x64 pixels.

In the IDE, when looking at the ToolBar object, the images look the correct size but if I run the app in the IDE or build it, the problem shows up.
Other than the version of Xojo, there is no difference in the code. I don’t seem to have the problem with test programs with toolbars. I have to say I’m out of ideas on this one.

I’m running Xojo on a Windows 10 system.

What’s the pixels per inch on those files?

Dale… did you insert a @1x and @2x image?
Retina/HDPI machine?
reason I ask… it your top images seem to have a transparent background, while the bottom images do not.

An app I am writing currently uses the same toolbar, and works fine on both types of machines.
the only difference is I’m on a Mac, you are on Windows

Regarding transparent bg as Dave wrote:

Yes, the bottom ones shows a white filled rectangle around.

With my experiences, this needs to be changed when using Xojo 2017r3, changed to pictures that uses transparency in the pict itself, set by your graphics editing software before dragging onto Xojo.

[quote=370124:@Detlef Kahner]Regarding transparent bg as Dave wrote:

Yes, the bottom ones shows a white filled rectangle around.

With my experiences, this needs to be changed when using Xojo 2017r3, changed to pictures that uses transparency in the pict itself, set by your graphics editing software before dragging onto Xojo.[/quote]

I have ALWAYS needed to have masked images, since I don’t recall when … and even now I’m on 2016r4

Guys, your eyes are better than mine. I didn’t notice the difference in the image backgrounds. I’m going to follow up on the suggestions and see where they get me. Thanks.

Convert your PNGs to ImageSets

That solved it. The images were just PNG files I dragged into the project. They did have the appropriate transparency and bit-depth values but I hadn’t realized I had to convert them to Image instead of leaving them as PNG pictures.

I had a hard time finding information on how to convert PNGs to ImageSets.

I think I found the information. My Xojo build supports Hi-DPI is set to ON, and when I drag a PNG file to the IDE it creates an ImageSet (at least that’s how I think it works). I changed that setting to OFF and when I drag a PNG file then I see the difference and there is an option (right click) ‘Convert to Image’.

I guess if you started with Xojo a few years ago, you could have projects with pictures that need to change to ImageSets. I don’t remember if I changed that Hi-DPI setting when I started using Xojo 6 months ago.