//TODO task list for Xojo and Swift

From a previous topic

Based on a request from Sascha, this App now does both Swift and XOJO (XML format) project files…

There are now zip files for both 32Bit macOS and Windows (NOTE : I have NOT tested the Windows version, it was just compiled on my Mac)

For Xojo it will not only document // TODO style comments, but will also include “#PRAGMA WARNING” statements (it converts them to a //TODO)

Swift/Xojo Tasklist for macOS[32Bit]
Swift/Xojo Tasklist for WindowsS[32Bit]

On my first try with a Xojo Text Project File I get:

[code]Project: WAG5.xojo_project
Path: /Users/sascha/Documents/Xojo Projekte/WAG5
Language: Xojo XML project file

ERROR: This is not a valid XCode/Xojo Project[/code]

Thx @Albin Kiland
I did not see this. :slight_smile:

[quote=389285:@Sascha S]Thx @Albin Kiland
I did not see this. :)[/quote]
I forgot my contacts this morning, so I’m actually surprised I saw that! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=389278:@Sascha S]On my first try with a Xojo Text Project File I get:

[code]Project: WAG5.xojo_project
Path: /Users/sascha/Documents/Xojo Projekte/WAG5
Language: Xojo XML project file

ERROR: This is not a valid XCode/Xojo Project[/code][/quote]

It requires an XML formatted Xojo project file (extension must be .xojo_xml_project)

No problem, @Dave S , But, i am working 100% with Xojo Text Files. Unfortunately, I can not promise that I will have the time to try XML out. But I’m sure there are at least one who can and wants to test this. :slight_smile:

Not sure what format you are referencing… as there are only 3 that I am aware of

• Binary
  • XML
  • VCS

Binary is a single project file, in an compressed format
XML is a single project file in a “text” format
VCS is multiple files designed for Version Control

Perhaps you are using the XML format with a different extension? If so, I can modify the code to accomodate that

EDIT : got it… “Text format” refers to the VCS format… which is something I do not use, but am familiar with. However, since this project was intended for my own use with Swift, and adding the Xojo “XML” format was an “afterthought”. I am not going to be exerting the required effort to support a 3rd internal file format, since it takes only a few seconds to save an XML version

Thank you for trying Dave. Your decision is understandable and of course perfectly fine. :slight_smile: