Thread crashing?

This is kind of complicated to explain, however, we include an option in our software to convert data from Visual Foxpro to Sqlite. This code and option has worked for years (around 7 as far as we know). However, recently some users upgraded to our new application and were attempting to use this option to upgrade their data files and the option is crashing.

Originally, we did not have a thread and it worked fine in Windows 7 under xojo 2018r3. However, if I run the same option in Windows 10/11 under the current version of xojo, it creates after processing the first couple files. In debug mode, no message, just drops out to the IDE. If compiled, you get a message that the application has stopped running. This only runs in Windows.

I tried adding this process in a thread and it continues to crash.

Oddly, I have an old MacBook running Windows 7 in VMWARE and it will convert the files without a thread with no errors. I’ve had to do this for a couple of customers in the last week because they can’t do it in our application that is running in Windows 10/11. One customer had over 1,000 files and they converted with no problems and the other had about 850 files and it converted those without issue.

Any ideas where might be causing this crash or how to diagnose the issue?

Please define “crash”.

What happens if you use Xojo 2018r3 and Windows 10/11?

I’m going to try that next.

It converts each file in a thread… it then gets the location of the next file and runs the thread to convert it.

After 2 or 3 files, of which there could be 10-15 files for each client they are converting, it will simply drop out to the IDE if running in debug mode or halt the application if running the compiled version.

You mean the app quits? Or there is an exception? Really, some more detail or definition of what you are talking about is needed. Or even a screen shot of when it does this in debug mode.

Did you try with build optimization set to “default” or “normal” not sure the name out of my head but the top option in debug mode should debug normally.