the new IDE comboxes are a bit terrible (I had a worse word)

Exactly - Since the new IDE came about, the comboboxes are totally impossible to design. the height parameters are quite useless and this is really frustrating for design work.

Anybody else having the some problems?

Windows? OSX?

both are terrible

On OS X this is due to the native control - the height is thereby determined by the font used for the combobox.

I tried this out several times during design work - it made no difference. I should mention that in Windows, before RS was made Xojo, and even on the Mac, these comboboxes worked much better.

Carbon allowed you to make them whatever size you wanted
Cocoa doesn’t

Windows does

[quote=55116:@Sean Clancy]Exactly - Since the new IDE came about, the comboboxes are totally impossible to design. the height parameters are quite useless and this is really frustrating for design work.

Anybody else having the some problems?[/quote]

What exactly do you want to do? Why are they terrible?

Well, for the same reason as normal said.
The size parameters seem to have no effect. I had to do the resizing in code - and even then it looks terrible.
The parameters should effect the combo boxes like they do to everything else.

I’m curious… can you show us a screen shot?

[quote=55297:@Sean Clancy]Well, for the same reason as normal said.
The size parameters seem to have no effect. I had to do the resizing in code - and even then it looks terrible.
The parameters should effect the combo boxes like they do to everything else.[/quote]

In the IDE we actually are getting the OS to draw the controls.
Cocoa doesn’t let you set the size to whatever value you want - you can try & fight with it but we can’t do much about it as its the OS drawing it.

I’m not even at the point of using cocoa yet - I use a bunch of quicktime function (MBS) which I’ve pushed far beyond the envelope. They crash whenever I try and use cocoa.

I’ll make the jump when Movieplayer hopeully will move to AV. That will help immensely as recording, playing, speed and every other thing that Mac’s are great at will come into Xojo. I tried the AVTools MBS plugin - but it crashes Xojo before it even starts.
my carbon build does crash every once in a while - needless to say, the windows version never crashes!