The Feedback Points System

@Geoff_Perlman,

In my experience @Thom_McGrath has this right. Case ageing (and ageing within case status), analogous to an aged debtors/creditors ledger has a profound effect on case issue visibility and resolution internally. I have implemented this on several occasions and it is a great point of focus.

If there is to be a voting system, for equality, please ensure each user has the same amount of points to distribute between cases important to them (rather than allowing users an unlimited number of Likes). To explain, Users Tom and Jerry each have 100 voting points. Tom allocates 90 of his points to a case he considers a “show stopper”, whilst Jerry allocates 20 points to each of five cases.

Whilst @Thom_McGrath is again right in saying Team Xojo will already be aware of major issues, users allocating points to their priority areas is at least affirming (if not influential).

Not an attempt to hijack the thread, but if Feedback becomes a Web App, I’d like to see the seamless ability to create feedback cases from forum posts as an alternate pathway of reporting issues (The Ability to Elevate a Forum Post to Feedback Case).

Thank you for asking, thank you for listening.