Synology + WE = *Happy face*

I installed IPKG via SSH. Then I run these commands:

ipkg update
ipkg upgrade
ipkg install glib
ipkg install gcc
ipkg install libstdc++

Then with Yummy FTP copied my Xojo CGI test project to /web/XojoTest/. Assign access rights: congfig.cfg 666 and the other files and folders 755. In Safari http: //diskstation/XojoTest/xojotest.cgi called and receive this message: Sorry, the page you requested could not be found.

The URL address is correct, because if I the config.cfg rights give 644, then I get the message: Can not write to config at path /volume1/web/XojoTest/config.cfg. Permission denied

I have only tried Standalone builds, not CGI. I guess you’ll need to change some settings for apache to enable cgi apps to run.
Try a standalone :slight_smile:

With Standalone, I get this error:

./testapp: error while loading shared libraries: libgobject-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

required libs are missing

http://developer.xojo.com/system-requirements$Linux%20Information

I did a quick test with 2015R1. Yeah, it’s running. I think for 2015R3 needs the libicu. However, this is not in the list of IPKG. Has anyone any idea how to install them on Synology?

I tried to get it to work as a test server. So far a simple “Hello World” CGI-scripts does work. But when I upload a Xojo made “Hello World” app it raises an error:

Now, the permissions are set to 777 on the config.cfg file. As well as the parent (app) folder.

With DSM-Version 5.x worked the Standalone App. With the new DSM 6.0, I get an error message:

Failed to find/load Framework library
libglib-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Does it run at someone with DSM-Version 6?

For me it works with Xojo 2014r3.2 and Web apps compiled as Standalone

Javier

I tested it with 2014r3.2. Get the same error message

What DiskStation do you have?

Very interesting thread.

can anyone point out the necessary steps to perform to run a web exec on a Synology (DSM 6.0)? I see bits and pieces but not the complete picture.

Thx

@Wolfgang Schwarz mine is the Synology DS415play. You can see the deployment of Standalone web App in this video (Spanish)

Javier

Thanks Javier. I’m going to order me a DS415play for testing.