Support for iPhone X etc phones

Tried searching for the solution but couldn’t see it, how do we adjust existing projects to support iPhone X type screens with the rounded corners/notch? Running 2019r2 I don’t see the device anywhere in the layout previews, and the app in the simulator only shows the previous smaller rectangle.

I don’t do “Xojo for iOS”… but this is what AutoLayout and SafeArea constraints are all about
on new iPhones (and a few iPads)… you are supposed to stay away from areas near the top and bottom (where there is no physical Homebutton)

Also… I found for Xcode 11… I had to manually add the iPhoneX simulators back in

I have the iPhone X simulator in xCode 11, but it will just run the project as a regular rectangle. Not seeing anything about SafeArea etc in the view layouts, not seeing iPhone X in the Device Type for the IDE layout preview, is there a setting somewhere to enable iPhone X support for a project?

Simulator App > Menu > Window > Show device bezels.

There is no iPhone X, Xs, 11 in device type layout preview for the moment.

When creating an app with Auto-layout, one is supposed to make the display available for the smallest device, which currently is the iPhone SE with 4" screen.

[quote=458236:@Jeremie Leroy]Simulator App > Menu > Window > Show device bezels.

There is no iPhone X, Xs, 11 in device type layout preview for the moment.

When creating an app with Auto-layout, one is supposed to make the display available for the smallest device, which currently is the iPhone SE with 4" screen.[/quote]

The bezels are appearing correctly in my simulator. My app is not fully extended to those bezels for iPhone X/11/etc because it is restricted to the old rectangle limits. How to I allow the app to fully extend to the rounded corners for the new phones?

You can use TopLayoutGuide.Top and BottomLayoutGuide.Bottom when defining Auto-Layout constraints to fully use the entire display.

I think you meant TopLayoutGuide.Bottom and BottomLayoutGuide.Top for the top and bottom respectively.

No I did not.

TopLayoutGuide.Bottom & BottomLayoutGuide.Top will not use the full display.

It’s not related to the actual layout of the views. The entire app was constricted and had black bars at the top and bottom of the screen before any view layout happened.

The issue seemed to be that the project had “Launch Images” set up instead of a Launch Screen. I deleted the launch images and replaced it with a launch screen and now the app accounts for the notch and displays correctly.

Tom, glad that you figured it out.

[quote=458259:@Jeremie Leroy]No I did not.

TopLayoutGuide.Bottom & BottomLayoutGuide.Top will not use the full display.[/quote]
Interesting. My apps look right on my iPhone X, but then I’m using simple white backgrounds for controls.

In the past, when I used BottomLayoutGuide.Bottom by accident, the control (an iOSTable) ran off the bottom of the screen and I couldn’t scroll through the entire table.