Strange message with Xojo and Catalina

Hi all,
just updated to Catalina Mac OS 10.16 … everything works fine, except that I always get a strange message everytime I call up XOJO 2019 Release 1.1 or 2:

The first part is different every time, but “EHEnet” stays the same. It happens ONLY when calling up XOJO. Damaging? Really? Any idea out there?
Thanks,
Mick

Have you tried re-downloading Xojo from our website? That looks like the error you get when someone’s been mucking about in the application bundle and broken the signature.

Those are the einhugur plugins

Make sure you are using the latest Einhugher plugins
There may be updates that are relevant

I see the same thing (multiple times). All my Einhugur plugins are the latest ones. My Catalina system is virgin - just for testing (no sane person would use it for anything else).

Circling back to what Greg said, it still means the code signature is broken.

It’s specifically the Enet plugin that’s causing this error. Are you actually using that plugin? I didn’t think anyone did. If you’re not using it, try getting rid of it and see if the warning goes away.

I don’t think I use that one, but I’m getting the same thing on several others. I’m not panicking yet, though.

I know a bit off-topic - but why does the message box say “bin” and not “trash”?

I believe I have all the latest Einhugur plugins installed. I get the malware alerts from having these loaded:

PIDevice_MAX7219_LED_MATRIX.xojo_plugin
ENet Plugin.xojo_plugin
FlowLayout.xojo_plugin
JSON Parser.xojo_plugin
LuaScript.xojo_plugin

Probably localization. It says Trash for me.

[quote=459002:@Travis Hicks]I believe I have all the latest Einhugur plugins installed. I get the malware alerts from having these loaded:

ENet Plugin.xojo_plugin
FlowLayout.xojo_plugin
JSON Parser.xojo_plugin
LuaScript.xojo_plugin[/quote]

We have gotten random such reports from various of people but never found anything wrong with the signature and at same time other people been able to use them.

Though your list here above is somewhat more interesting than others in a sense that all of them have not had update for a while.

Can you confirm that other ones do work for you ? (some plugin from us that is newer ?). Since if its something wrong with old signatures then we can easily just compile again and re-publish.

Thanks

Björn

[quote=459115:@Björn Eiríksson]We have gotten random such reports from various of people but never found anything wrong with the signature and at same time other people been able to use them.

Though your list here above is somewhat more interesting than others in a sense that all of them have not had update for a while.

Can you confirm that other ones do work for you ? (some plugin from us that is newer ?). Since if its something wrong with old signatures then we can easily just compile again and re-publish.

Thanks

Björn[/quote]

I think I have all of your plugins installed…

#CoreClasses.xojo_plugin
#TypeLib.xojo_plugin
#TypeLibF.xojo_plugin
BarcodePlugin.xojo_plugin
CalendarControl.xojo_plugin
ColorManagement.xojo_plugin
DateControl.xojo_plugin
e-CryptIt Engine - Checksums.xojo_plugin
e-CryptIt Engine - Compression.xojo_plugin
e-CryptIt Engine.xojo_plugin
ENet Plugin.xojo_plugin
ErrorProvider.xojo_plugin
EventLib.rbx
ExcelWriter.xojo_plugin
FileLib.xojo_plugin
FileSystemWatcher.xojo_plugin
FlowLayout.xojo_plugin
GraphicsFormats.xojo_plugin
IconLib.rbx
JSON Parser II.xojo_plugin
JSON Parser.xojo_plugin
LuaScript.xojo_plugin
PDF Plugin.xojo_plugin
PictureButton.xojo_plugin
PictureEffects.xojo_plugin
PictureEffectsRaw.xojo_plugin
Python3Script.xojo_plugin
PythonScript.xojo_plugin
SearchControl.xojo_plugin
TimeControl.xojo_plugin
TreeView.xojo_plugin
UtilsLib.xojo_plugin
WindowSplitter.xojo_plugin

…but only the five I mentioned earlier trigger the error when launching Xojo. It’s something new with Catalina; the same copy of Xojo and your plugins did not throw the errors on Mojave. I’m happy to test new builds if you’re unable to reproduce it on your end.

Yes Catalina is more strict. Though I cannot think of how they might be differently signed then they all are older builds. And maybe have older certificate or something. I will see about getting them rebuilt.

Thanks

Björn

Hi all,
thanks a lot for all these answers, and yes, it seems to be that ENet plugin from Einhugur. I am using the TreeView plugin and this works fine without any errors. Problem is gone after deleting “ENet Plugin.xojo_plugin”.

Thanks a lot again,
Mick

It seems it was not the code sign per see. But more of the fact that we once had our plugins without .dylib in their names. And that seems to be what makes the Catalina Code sign check not like it. The problem only is hitting plugins that have not been updated for long time since we changed to include .dylib in the name a while ago.

With that said then I have started to push out updates for the problem.

Sorry. I have the same problem, but no Einhugur plugins installed here… I have an error on the codesigning on /usr/local/lib/cubeSQL_64bit.dylib, so I think the cubesql plugin (I use it a lot and can’t remove) may be not updated for Catalina… So I wrote few days ago to sqlabs but no answer now…
In terminal, If i list /usr/local/lib/ directory, it does not contain cubeSQL_64bit.dylib … :frowning:
Anyone have the same problem?

[quote=462057:@Sergio Tamborini]Sorry. I have the same problem, but no Einhugur plugins installed here… I have an error on the codesigning on /usr/local/lib/cubeSQL_64bit.dylib, so I think the cubesql plugin (I use it a lot and can’t remove) may be not updated for Catalina… So I wrote few days ago to sqlabs but no answer now…
In terminal, If i list /usr/local/lib/ directory, it does not contain cubeSQL_64bit.dylib … :frowning:
Anyone have the same problem?[/quote]
I’ve tried an app without cubesql plugin and the message still here :frowning: