SSL Error 2026 (unknown SSL error) when connecting to mySQL 8.0.26 Server

While trying to connect to a mySQL 8.0.26 Server, is receive an “unknown SSL error” Code 2026.

Self.Host = FS_Registrations_Server 
Self.UserName = FS_Registrations_Login
self.Password = FS_Registrations_Password
Self.SSLEnabled = False // Tried True and False
Self.SecureAuth = False // Tried True and False
Self.Port = 3306

I can successfully connect to the same Server using the MBS Plugin and the following Code:

Self.SetFileOption Self.kOptionLibraryMySQL, GetFileAtResources( "libmysql64.dll" )

Dim server As String = FS_Registrations_Server + "@core"

Self.Connect(server, FS_Registrations_Login,FS_Registrations_Password, SQLConnectionMBS.kMySQLClient)

But for various reasons i need to switch to the Xojo mySQLCommunityServer Plugin.

I have a vague recollection that the Xojo plugin only works with TLSv1.0,TLSv1.1. With mariaDB by default they were disabled so it didn’t work.

This Server supports: TLSv1,TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2,TLSv1.3

But i’ve asked our Network Operation Center :slight_smile: to test if TLS is configured correctly. Thank you @Attilio_Punzi

1 Like

Not at all, you did well. Keep in mind that in the release notes of version 8.0.26 it is precisely specified that both versions have been deprecated.

The TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 connection protocols now are deprecated and support for them is subject to removal in a future MySQL version. (For background, refer to the IETF memo Deprecating TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1.) It is recommended that connections be made using the more-secure TLSv1.2 and TLSv1.3 protocols. TLSv1.3 requires that both the MySQL server and the client application be compiled with OpenSSL 1.1.1 or higher.

1 Like