[SQLiteDatabase] Crash On Backup ?

Hello,

Does anyone experience crashes when trying to Backup a SQLiteDatabase through the SQLiteDatabase.Backup Method ?

Synchronously or not, I get the same result, the debugger itself crashes and exit without any message nor any chance to examine what’s wrong.

I’m on Windows 7 64-bits.

Or the other way around: Does anyone is able to successfully use the Backup Method with Xojo v2014r1 ?

Cheers,
Guy.

We used it for the app we wrote for XDC
Ran a backup every 3 hours
That’s running on a Linux host though

Hmm… ok thanks. I’ll do some tests on Linux as well.

No luck. It also crashes on Linux here : - /

I must be doing something wrong, although my database is up and connected and on scope, my destination is too.

[quote=79382:@Norman Palardy]We used it for the app we wrote for XDC
Ran a backup every 3 hours
That’s running on a Linux host though[/quote]
I’ve just tried the sample from the example folder, and it works.

Could it be I’m running a WebApplication ? The app you wrote for XDC was a regular app or a web app ?

In my WebApplication my Backup test runs in a thread (in a Session), perhaps it does no like that.

make sure you don’t use the same SQLiteDatabase object on different threads. if I remember correctly the SQLite docs, you should not use one connection on several threads as that may cause problems.

I’m only using the SQLiteDatabase object in the same thread. In the same Session.

No matter what I do, it crashes directly without any error/message whenever I call Backup() from a Session.

When I use Backup() from the main thread (as in the Xojo example project), it works.

I suspect the Backup method has some issues when called from a thread, even if the SQLiteDatabase object is always handled from within the same thread.

[quote=79416:@Guy Rabiller]I’ve just tried the sample from the example folder, and it works.

Could it be I’m running a WebApplication ? The app you wrote for XDC was a regular app or a web app ?

In my WebApplication my Backup test runs in a thread (in a Session), perhaps it does no like that.[/quote]
XDC was a web app with a few helpers etc

But our backups were all done from the main thread (actually initiated via a VERY long period timer)

Well, then that’s another esoteric issue I have ; - )
I’ll investigate further…

Thanks.
Guy.