SpecialFolder.Applications on 64bit Windows?

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to get the Program Files (32 bit) folder with SpecialFolder. syntax on a 64 bit Windows system?

It turns out that a new batch of bug reports are related to Windows 64 bit systems installing my app in “Program Files (32 bit)” instead of “Program Files” and my access to internal helpers fails because the path is Nil.

I was originally brute-force coding the path on Windows as GetFolderItem("").Child(“bin”).Child(theHelper) and changed it to SpecialFolder.Applications.Child(theAppName).Child(“bin”).Child(theHelper) when the specialfolder syntax got sorted a few revs back.

Must I go back to the brute-force method?

Never mind. The folder was being processed properly - handling both the 64 bit and the 32 bit Program Files folders. The user had renamed something on all of their systems.

.[quote=40602:@Tim Jones]It turns out that a new batch of bug reports are related to Windows 64 bit systems installing my app in “Program Files (32 bit)” instead of “Program Files” [/quote]

On a 64-bit Windows your RS/Xojo apps are all 32 bit apps and should be installed in “Program Files (x86)” and not in “Program Files”. “Program Files” is reserved for 64-bit applications and “Program Files (x86)” is for 32 bit programs.