Source code format

I’m evaluating Xojo. I understand that the trial version won’t allow me to save a project in text format. My question - are all files stored in text format in the live version? Reports, screens, etc. In my current tool (Visual Foxpro) I have code generator tools, and I’m spoiled - I’d like to be able to create something similar to save time when creating Xojo apps. But that assumes my end result can be in a text file. Possible? Thanks!

Licensed version of XOJO can store projects 3 ways

1. Binary format… this is the only way to save files in the “Free” version
  2. XML format … a single text file in XML format
  3. XOJO Project - not sure but probably a CVS compatible format (RS2012 had such a format)

Sure - there’s even publicly available code to generate code
While its a tad dated & doesn’t support everything in the latest versions I made such code available about 7 years ago
See http://www.great-white-software.com/REALbasic_Code.html

Norman, the links on this page retuns a 404 (Page Not Found) Error.

I need to make a tool to import a large number of Enums and Constants from C Header files.

reorganizing things

try that

[quote=20830:@Dave S]Licensed version of XOJO can store projects 3 ways

1. Binary format… this is the only way to save files in the “Free” version
  2. XML format … a single text file in XML format
  3. XOJO Project - not sure but probably a CVS compatible format (RS2012 had such a format)[/quote]

I have a Windows Desktop license, but it looks like it will only save as binary… Want text

Seems on the comparison chart at Xojo: Store Single Desktop does not have version control.