Something seriously going wrong with Xojo relating to compiler

I asked a question in the forums earlier and did not get an answer. So I am stuck with trying to add object drop functionality to my program and I even opened the DragPicture example which gave a NilObjectException. I think it is because when you drag in a new picture for the canvas, it does not set the mImage variable to anything becuase for some reason the drop object event does not come through. Is this an Xojo bug? Should I reinstall Xojo or is the DragPicture example buggy?

THANKS

I think people are going to need more information from you. I just tried the DragPicture example (on OS X) and I can drag pictures from Safari or Chrome to it and they are displayed as I would expect.

Let us know your OS platform and the steps you are doing. Making a sample project with your code available is also helpful for people.

[quote=44861:@Paul Lefebvre]I think people are going to need more information from you. I just tried the DragPicture example (on OS X) and I can drag pictures from Safari or Chrome to it and they are displayed as I would expect.

Let us know your OS platform and the steps you are doing. Making a sample project with your code available is also helpful for people.[/quote]
I made no modifactions. Used Windows 8.

Can confirm under Windows 7. I dragged & dropped a JPG from a webpage in Firefox and Obj.Picture is Nil in the DropObject event. Sometimes the IDE also crashes. Stack trace here: <https://xojo.com/issue/30671>

Thanks. Bloody Xojo bugs!!

So I probably wrote the code correctly.