SOAP Webservice

I have to develop an application as a webservice queryable through SOAP calls. I have found some examples in which is showed how to make a call to a webservice, but I haven’t found any examples with the code to manage the calls and answer to them.

Is there an example with the both sides (client & server) of a SOAP webservice architecture?

Thanks in advance

Pietro

I unfortunately do not know of an example that covers this.
I guess i’m not the only one, since there are 69 views and no answers.
I guess you’re mostly looking for a server side example, since the manual covers soap somewhat?

I’m not aware of anything.

Xojo includes classes to call SOAP web services, but it does not have a built-in way to create a SOAP web service.

SOAP uses HTTP, so I suppose one could create a SOAP server by implementing the spec, but that feels like a lot of work.

Perhaps REST (a simpler way of providing web services) would be an option? It seems that is more commonly used over SOAP these days. A Xojo web app using WebApplication.HandleSpecialURL is an easy way to implement a REST server.

Thanks for your reply.

A web app using WebApplication.HandleSpecialURL is the way that I’m testing.

I hope to reach the target; if yes, I will post my experience.

[quote=136696:@Pietro Beccegato]Thanks for your reply.

A web app using WebApplication.HandleSpecialURL is the way that I’m testing.

I hope to reach the target; if yes, I will post my experience.[/quote]

This is the way to implement a web service, as demonstrated by the QuoteService web example project. Now you got to follow the soap service specs… I am sure you will succeed.