Snippet tool

I’m looking for a code snippet tool on Mac, preferably with Xojo syntax highlighting. Anybody who has experience with a specific product?

Maybe CodeBox could fit your needs.
Don’t think it’s got the Xojo syntax but maybe something similar you can use :slight_smile:
It’s really handy!
CodeBox on App Store

Ahh… thanks… but I prefer English instead of Danish… is it? :slight_smile:

CodeVue (App Store), made by well known Paul Lefebvre (LogicalVue Software)

Ofcourse… somewhere I knew this program existed. Thanks…

Why not just put these into an external module. That’s what we do and when we need them, they are there.

Just got a look into that. Didn’t know you could share modules between code like that. Very handy indeed.

I’m using Kousek (before it was called Snippet), and it has RealBasic highlighting, it’s avaliable on App Store and in the developer’s site (15 days demo)

Dropbox Sync has some glitches, but they are working to solve, as you can see in their support.

If you’re on Mac you can use Dash
Aside from a snippets manager, it’s also a Docs library with access to more than 150 offline docsets (including Xojo’s)

DevXcentric is on the MAS, and has multiple developer tools combined :slight_smile:
link text

I have been using Qsnipps2 for a while. www.qsnipps.com It looks like it’s also written in xojo and available for all 3 platforms. It’s not free but it’s good value and works well. Don’t worry about the age of some posts on their pages as the software was updated in the last couple of weeks.

[quote=165733:@Radium Radiovich]If you’re on Mac you can use Dash
Aside from a snippets manager, it’s also a Docs library with access to more than 150 offline docsets (including Xojo’s)[/quote]
Please stop reviving threads from more than a year ago that have been settled.

Why?

Because they’re settled. There’s no need to dig them up again.

The advantage of discussion forums over chatrooms is that the conversations are available for future generations to visit and read.
Why would I not say something helpful inside a relevant thread,
when it only enriches the info sitting there for someone somewhere sometime who would stumble upon it?
Dash is an outstanding masterpiece among snippet managers, and without posting about it, the future stumbler might not get to know it.

I created one, it uses SyntaxHighlightField by Alex Restrepo
(possible that it also works in windows, without sending to Xojo)

Download Source

[quote=165891:@Axel Schneider]I created one, it uses SyntaxHighlightField by Alex Restrepo
(possible that it also works in windows, without sending to Xojo)

Download Source

[/quote]

Can the file be reposted? The download seems corrupted.

Fixed the download link, give it another go.

I use this almost daily.

Thanks for the input, I will check out CodeVue.