SMTPSecureSocket and Zoho Mail

Hi,

I have the following issue:

I have a (web) app that I use to send out an email upon request of a client.
This used to work very well but I moved my email from my own OS X Server to Zoho.
Using the SMTPSecureSocket with my own server was no issue.
Using the SMTPSecureSocket with Zoho gives me a 102 error no matter what protocol I use (they support SSLv3 on port 465).

I tested a login using the command line and that worked as expected.

So, although I have seen this working with my own server I have a feeling that there is either a customisation that I need to use or that there is an issue on the Zoho server.
Can anybody give me a hint or an alternative?

Thanks in advance,

Marcel

I have had similar problems trying to send mail through both Zoho and Gmail. I believe Verizon, my ISP, blocks outgoing mail to other servers. I have no problem sending mail through Verizon.

For programs I distribute to others, I send the email as a get to a console app running on the VPS on my webhost. That way my user does not have to configure an email account.

[quote=48188:@Dean Davidge]I have had similar problems trying to send mail through both Zoho and Gmail. I believe Verizon, my ISP, blocks outgoing mail to other servers. I have no problem sending mail through Verizon.
[/quote]

I Hhave no problem sending mail through Gmail from an Xojo app and my ISP is Verizon (FIOS if it makes a difference)

Well, as it turns out I have the same issue with gmail as well so that makes me wonder.

But, I run the app from a vps with port 465 open for outgoing traffic.

When I send the email through a relay server (non ssl) I have no issue but I want to get rid of that because of the costs…