Simple TCP Listen app

Hi Folks,
I am curios if some has a quick TCP listen app for testing. I have a program I am writing that sends out TCP commands to some equipment. I have some issues with the app sending commands and I want to monitor the commands sent. Sometimes the command is sent just once (correct) and other times it is sent multiple times. I tried using Wireshark to monitor it , but no commands appear in the tcp traffic. I know the app is sending as the intended gear responds to the command sent, including the multiples…

I know I can write one pretty quick (okay a couple hours for me), but I would then be concerned which of my apps was correct…

If you are willing to share, my email address is jwadkins@me.com.

THX
JMW

You can quickly look in Xojo examples for ServerSocket!

Christian,
I saw that one and planned to try it. I was more concerned if it did not work, would that be my error modifying that app or my error in my main app. Since I am testing in virtual mode, it is much harder to debug. I won’t get to connect the physical gear for another week or so.

THX
JMW

Did you try an example project or not?

You got it backwards. The correct order of events is:

1. Try
  2. IF it doesn’t work, ask.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi Christian,
I did get it to work and it did prove I have keyboard.AsyncKeyDown issue IN THE APP i am developing. Now I can focus on resolving that problem.

THX
JMW

Hi Markus,
I am know for doing things backwards… :wink: