Sierra: where are the system.log messages in console?

I used to see messages like from “System.Log(System.LogLevelNotice, msg)” in the OSX console.

Now on Sierra I can’t find them anymore.

What do I have to do, to be able to see those again?

I often fall back to execute app in terminal to see my messages.

So is this fact? When we use the function system.log, then these messages are no longer visible in the console?

And if yes, can and is Xojo doing something about it?

“man syslog.conf”. Ich vermute mal, dass die “facility” Notice nicht rein kommt. Mal was anderes versuchen.

Neither System.log nor System.Debuglog appear anymore in Console. They used to.

Looks like yet another “gift” from Apple with Sierra…

On a iMac running OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks) the console log looks like this (verbosity set to ON in my app):

On macOS Sierra (10.12.1) the console log no longer speaks to me, my app logging is gone:

If I no longer can use the system log for our applications, then I will have to write my own logging…

@Thomas Eckert : I’ll check out the man pages, maybe there is some trick to make the log reappear again?

In the IDE we can see the log since some time, but for whatever reason it is not as responsive as it used to be in console, some messages did not appear immediately, while I could already see them in console. But now the console logging seems to have disappeared completely (?).

And then, when I am with a customer, I cannot use the IDE - i must be able to switch on verbosity in our app and then peak into the logs of the console, if something is going wrong.

Has anyone a good solution for this?

Yes, this is a possible workaround. Not very user-friendly, though…

My previous comment was only a guess. No I did a quick Test using the code

System.Log(System.LogLevelNotice, "LogLevelNotice")

and it is shown in my log:

So it works for me. No idea what’s wrong for you. My test was performed using Xojo 2016R2.1.

[quote=300960:@Thomas Eckert]<…>
So it works for me. No idea what’s wrong for you. My test was performed using Xojo 2016R2.1.[/quote]

And you are using macOS Sierra (10.12.1) ?

Hhhmmm - I went to lunch and have restarted my rMBP now, and now the system.log is showing the expected messages…

Sorry, if I have wasted your time here! It seems to work as expected.

[quote=300966:@Oliver Osswald]Hhhmmm - I went to lunch and have restarted my rMBP now, and now the system.log is showing the expected messages…

Sorry, if I have wasted your time here! It seems to work as expected.[/quote]
This is the kind of crap that Mac users used to ridicule Windows users, have you tried turning it off and on again. Sadly, it’s become the norm for us Mac fans now too.