Sharing a development

Not sure if announcing stuff like this here is appropriate or not, but I’ll take a shot.

I recently partnered with Nix Sensor in Hamilton Ontario to produce pressroom QC software that works with their spectrophotometers. Of course it’s all written in Xojo. It’s available on Mac and Windows (so far).

Product Page: Product Page
There’s a good customer testimonial video on the above page.

Text and video tutorials: Tutorials

Also if you like the tutorial videos, the designer who made them does contract work and is really excellent to collaborate with.

Have a happy weekend.

20 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

Hi @Chris_Halford ,

good job ! How are generated texts in languages other than English ? I can speak about texts in French, I live in the Province of Québec, some words are not correct. For example I am not sure seat can be translated to siège, which is something use to sit on. My guess is the proper word to use would be licence which is license in English.

I would kindly suggest hiring people who can correctly translate the site for the most used languages.

1 Like

I didn’t even know it was translated.
I’m guessing it was automatic though some api (which never works)

The application is ready for localization but we haven’t done it yet.

I too lived in P.Q. I miss it.

Beautiful stuff, bravo.

1 Like

That’s something :slight_smile: I am interested in this Nix Sensor hardware - looks like single angle read? I am asking since one of my customers deals with spectrophotometer but 3 angles one - automotive industry. So probably totally different kind of beast…

About announcing stuff like this - I think it is great to know who is doing what. Programming is one thing - knowing the business context is another. We can all now benefit from knowing who to ask for industry advice or a particular technology. In this case - BT connection for me :wink:

1 Like

That would be a multi-angle and this is a single.
Multi-angle are much much more expensive.

It is good to know who may be doing similar work.
Thank you for the comment.

I used to write and maintain software for some of paint manufacturers in EU. Mixing formulas, electronic scale guided process of mixing, corrections, stock management, spectro connection, fast formula search for delta E etc. etc… for one of those manufacturers it ended up with writing full-blown manufacturing management software, to run everything from customers’ orders through supply management down to manufacturing and internal logistic processes on production line, with over 60 Raspberry Pi’s connected to production workplaces and equipment. All Xojo :smiley:

6 Likes

pi support in xojo is underrated. The pi’s can be booted from NFS (no sd card), over the network with POE and anyone can swap one out in the rare instance one fails for a ready to go one.

4 Likes

so far, after 3 years of working with Raspberry Pi, the only problems were with:

• power suppliers, needed to be replaced with custom-made “industrial” ones
  • insufficient power delivery to R.Pi boards - micro USB is way too inefficient (needed to deliver power to GPIO pins instead)
  • memory cards, buy only expensive/industrial quality ones

No Raspberry Pi board got wrecked so far.

3 Likes

@Chris_Halford : Sounds interesting. Which versions of spectrophotometers does it support? nix pro 2 as well?

Looking good Chris!!

1 Like

It supports the Nix Spectro 2, both 5mm and 2mm, and the Spectro L.
I just started working on the Spectro L with this project. It’s pretty great for the price.

Does the fact that you’re posting on this Forum mean that there is Xojo code available to communicate with Nix devices?

No. And I think people post lots of questions and comments on the forum which may be related to projects they are working on, and doesn’t imply all topics are open-source.
However if anyone does want to develop for those devices I’d be happy to assist.