Setting Alpha in IDE

Good afternoon.

Is it possible to set the alpha of a color in the IDE? It does not appear to be. I assume this would be useful.

(I tried to search for this, but I encountered many posts about alpha releases.)

If I have missed something (always a possibility), please point me in the right direction.

-Bob

http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/color

AFAIK it is not possible to set the alpha in inspector color values (I’m assuming that’s what you’re talking about).

Since controls do not support transparency, it would make little sense to enter Alpha values. But if you set a color property, it does take alpha value.

If you add your own Color property and show it in the Inspector it does make sense to handle alpha if that’s how the color is to be used. And controls do handle alpha, Rectangle1.FillColor = &cFF0000EE will make it mostly transparent.

I did not know rectangles handled Alpha. I usually pick canvas instead. Thanks.

I was using a rectangle in iOS. Definitely takes alpha. (It may be that all iOS controls do, but I have not tried any others, yet).

I ended up using a property, and I set the color (with alpha) in the open event.

At least I know I haven’t missed anything obvious.

Thanks to all.

[quote=294235:@Bob Gordon]I was using a rectangle in iOS. Definitely takes alpha. (It may be that all iOS controls do, but I have not tried any others, yet).

I ended up using a property, and I set the color (with alpha) in the open event.

At least I know I haven’t missed anything obvious.

Thanks to all.[/quote]
If you’re using the text format project, you could open the file and add the alpha value yourself. The IDE will respect that, and even draw the color with alpha in the little color well.

When building the inspector, I intended to have a built-in picker that would support alpha, but shelved it in the interest of time. The goal was to add it later. But I never got that opportunity.

If there isn’t a feature request already, file one and cross your fingers.