Set Animations off

If you are using a recently released OS release containing the number ‘9’ somewhere within the name, and want your Xojo experience to be as crash-free as possible, I have found a possible culprit to be Animations. In the preferences, under the General tab, set Use animation to Never.

This post bears no resemblance to any OS whether living or dead. No code was killed or harmed in its writing. This post will now self-destruct.

[quote=16067:@David Cox]If you are using a recently released OS release containing the number ‘9’ somewhere within the name, and want your Xojo experience to be as crash-free as possible, I have found a possible culprit to be Animations. In the preferences, under the General tab, set Use animation to Never.

This post bears no resemblance to any OS whether living or dead. No code was killed or harmed in its writing. This post will now self-destruct.[/quote]

Please create a private bug report with the attached crash log.

<https://xojo.com/issue/27640>

Cannot find 27640.

What is a “private bug report” please?

A private bug report is a Feedback case with the “Visible To:” field set to “Only me and Xojo”. You can also add private comments (and attachments) to public cases.

Hi David, the case 27640 isn’t private. I can see them.

Thank you. I left it as a Beta-viewable item so a select few could see it. I don’t seem to be able to change it in Feedback even if I wanted - I can only change new comments!

I’ve already changed who can see the case.