SelectSQL vs SQLSelect when updating deprecated code

I’m updating an older app using the Project Analyze report. SQLSelect needs to be updated to SelectSQL but that is not getting flagged. When I make all the suggested AND correct updates except for that one it starts to throw exceptions on issues that are not the problem. Nothing I’ve tried will get the Analyze to flag it. Spent a lot of time chasing false errors. This seems to me to be a bug?

I stand corrected. It getting flagged now. It wasn’t previously. Could have something to do with other changes and context when the Analyze was run.

I uncorrect myself. When in a line of code with another warning the SQLSelect does not get flagged. After updating the first instance of deprecated code, along with the others, an error is thrown. If you don’t know about this you may spend a fair amount of time debugging.

1 Like

My current project is similar: I am updating an old project (c. 2017) and it used MySQLDatabase, which is no longer in Xojo 2022r1. Thus the database is changed to MySQLCommunityServer, but the old method, sqlselect(), has to be changed, too. Should it be SelectSQL()?

Probaly. What is nice about the API2 versions of the database methods is that you get prepared statements for free.

1 Like