Sales services

I have been using FastSpring for the past few years and had zero issues with them at all. I love the fact that data is sent to my server when a purchase is made so my scripts can generate emails with license keys directly to the customer. It is very easy to integrate into my own system and I can do pretty much anything I needed. My backend software (Xojo console binaries and PHP scripts) takes care of all data entry, license key generation and emails. It’s 100% automated.

They pay out (for me) twice a month for me like clockwork. Their customer support is excellent and I also like their reporting systems too. As long as FastSpring remains in business, I would not even consider any other for the foreseeable future.

So glad you heeded my tales of woe with eSellerate/DigitalRiver.

[quote=28033:@Christoph De Vocht]About Paddle.com
I cannot find any info about pricings, general terms, etc…
Just a link for an email ‘sell your content’ … figures. :-/[/quote]
At the moment, I have to confess that I don’t know much about their system, but I’m hoping to collect it all together and present something back to the community. My contact is on holiday this week.

Their starting rate is 7.99% + $0.55. The more you do, the cheaper the rate, although I don’t have any breakpoints yet.

Here is what I do know about Paddle.com. They’re really new (started last Dec), we’ve been selling some of our apps on their site since the beginning and sales are picking up. They started out as an online store, sorta an alternative to the Mac App Store. However recently they’ve built a framework which can be accessed via your application to provide IAP and registration activation.

if anyone has any questions then please let me know and I’ll ask my contact, otherwise I hope to have together some solid information and some code for Xojo in the near future.

I fully agree.

I recommend FastSpring - this company was actually built from people who used to be part of eSellerate, at the time it was still good and not yet bought by Digital River. So, FastSpring is now what eSellerate could have improved into. And, as you found out, their customer service is quick and helpful. Even after your sign-up with them. They were always able to solve all my needs.

Also, FastSpring offers serial code generation using AquaticPrime. See my article on this: Thomas Tempelmann | Adding copy protection & using the AquaticPrime licensing framework, and there’s also RB code for it.

Kagi is also okay, but they’re hardly used any more. I offer customers to pay with FastSpring or Kagi. Hardly ever I get a sale thru Kagi, most of them thru FastSpring.

Any news on that? I was just contacted by them putting an app of mine in their store.

I’m second on suggesting FastSpring. Additionally to what Thomas said, I can add they are helpful even after you close the account.
Kagi used to work very smooth in past but I believe they have a feature gap now with others like FastSpring.

Paddle is not big enough. I mean, they have a handful of (many useless) apps in their portfolio. And they do promise a lot but don’t deliver in the end.

About protecting apps:

I can highly recommend reading Thomas link about protecting your apps.
And here are some good hints that may help:

• Use timers to check stuff. Trigger the timers at several point and set the time to x seconds up to minutes before it does the actually check.
  • Add fake checks and functions
  • Use short function names as F0, FA etc … this is much harder to find.

BTW I too can recommend FastSpring. Easy to set up (and quick).

Another vote for FastSpring. I have been using them for only a few months, but have only good things to say about them.

mine is my own registration system with fastspring as the payment processor. You will see a lot of people went down that route.

if I have a choice of those two I will go with FastSpring. I have had bad experiences as a customer with Kagi in the past, so that negative memories jade my choice.

is there any sample code for using FastSpring in an XOJO app?

With AquaticPrime? There is some Xojo code at https://github.com/bdrister/AquaticPrime . See also http://www.tempel.org/UsingAquaticPrime

Hi Thomas, I’m using them to do the monetary transactions, but I decided to roll my own serial number system, so I’m not using their in-app framework.

Basically the setup I have at the moment, in App Wrapper 3:
• display an HTML page in the application with buttons that link to their purchase URLS.
• on purchase their system contacts my web app (also built with Xojo), which then generates the serial number and returns it to them.
• the customer then clicks on a link in the e-mail and App Wrapper is activated.