Sales services

ATM I only use Paypal to handle my registrations etc…
But I am looking at some other options.

Any one has experience with http://www.shareit.com/faq.html
They seem to be the cheapest. They only charge 4.7% and no international bank transfer fees to pay you out.

What about Kagi? Any good?

Christoph, this is a technical-commercial question for users (Users<->Users), it should be in the General Channel. Customer Service is a Users<->Xojo Channel. Many users with opinions for you will skip it here in Customer Service channel, and your title “Sales Services” doesn’t help much either. I suggest you to create another one like “Payment Services options - suggestions please” on the General Channel. :wink:

“Customer Service” selection should also be moved to the bottom of the forum channel list… as it is the least used… and has been selected many times “by accident”

Yes I know but I mistakenly hit the wrong channel button. :slight_smile:
Can I change the channel?

[quote=27965:@Christoph De Vocht]Yes I know but I mistakenly hit the wrong channel button. :slight_smile:
Can I change the channel?[/quote]

Ignore this… :slight_smile:

I use PayPal and 2Checkout.com, easy to setup, and next to nothing in upfront cost. I’ve dealt with them for 10 years, no problems and they handle the support issues for orders. On the downside they are almost twice the cost of PayPal, 5.5% + 0.45. I think if you have a lot of volume the rate is a bit cheaper.

The main reason I do not want to use Paypal anymore is it does not handle VAT any good.
It is not very easy to setup the VAT values for every country.

Will check 2checkout.com

Anyone using share-it.com ? It looks good but I cannot find any references.

I have no idea, you should probably go to their site and email or call them.

I did send a mail but did not had any reply so far.
Thats why I am looking for other people using share-it.

Well, they are known. Digital River. Read more about their options:

https://www.mycommerce.com/mycommerce

https://www.mycommerce.com/mycommerce/pricing

I would contact their customer service and check about a trial if the prices and services were right for me.

Well, mycommerce is kinda strange. Along their own product, they also do share-it and esellerate.
All different ratings. Share-it seems to be cheapest.

I will ask for more info and post some thoughts later …

I see Monkey Bread Software uses their services, you could ask Christian’s opinion in a PM and later give us your impressions.

[quote=27932:@Christoph De Vocht]Any one has experience with http://www.shareit.com/faq.html
They seem to be the cheapest. They only charge 4.7% and no international bank transfer fees to pay you out.?[/quote]
Avoid anything from Digital River and Share It is one of their companies. Digital River are very bad news, while their front line support is excellent. Their management are that of a super market, this is it and if you don’t like it, go somewhere else.

You’ve heard me complain till the sky is black about eSellerate, most of the issues I have with them all started when Digital River took over. I have some outstanding issues and requests that their management will not change under any circumstance.

They have humiliated me for the last time this year, the Omegbundle was a cock-up because of them. Another bundle that I was involved in, was severally ruined for us and has caused strain between us and the bundle company, as eSellerate/Digital River block certain countries from activating our products. So we’ve got paying customers that can’t use our products, I’ve been transferring those that complain to the Mac App Store.

They might have very attractive rates and they might seem like they can solve an issue, but save yourself the hassle and look elsewhere.

I’m currently in discussion with Paddle.com about bringing their framework over to Xojo (Mac only at the moment), we’re probably a few months away from it happening.

I can only speak for eSellerate: the documentation is thin, the front end to eSellerate is confusing. I had to change my registration scheme because they couldn’t be bothered to update their Realbasic plugin for Cocoa. Support was solala for me.

Fastspring is way better. Easy to setup and support is good.

@Sam: Does Paddle have international support? Can they create Aquatic Prime licenses? “Discover digital content” sounded very off-putting when I checked out Paddle.

I personally like rolling your own with some combination of Stripe and Fastspring.

I am now looking at fastspring.com

They respond really quick (send them a dozen of mails and they always responded within 2-3 hours (on a saterday!).
Pricing is also very clear and not bad (8.9% flat or 5.9%+0.95)
International ACH to your bank account is free. Which is nice.
They also have tons of good references.

Looking good. Anyone using this already?

I have no idea at the moment, but I can ask for you if you’d like.

I’ve come to the conclusion, that it’s the serial/activation system that’s the key, rolling your own will give you the freedom to pick and choose who runs your store, without locking you in (too much).

From the sounds of it, once I have my own reg/act system I must be ready to get a new store in place, if eSellerate are picky about what serial numbers can be used with their plugin.[quote=27989:@Christoph De Vocht]Well, mycommerce is kinda strange. Along their own product, they also do share-it and esellerate.
All different ratings. Share-it seems to be cheapest.[/quote]
I think it’s so that DR can dominate in that area, they’ve been buying the smaller guys, and in eSellerate’s case - breaking the company. I believe that it’s been done on purpose, so that DR is the only one left standing.

So it seems. Its clear you don’t like them. :wink:

About serial/activation system:
fastspring has several options here. Giving them a list of for example 1000 serials and they randomly pick one, java or php scripts for key generating, In-app SDK, …
I also like the way you can customise the order pages. You can integrate it pretty nice in your own website.

I think I am going to choose for fastspring. :slight_smile:

About Paddle.com
I cannot find any info about pricings, general terms, etc…
Just a link for an email ‘sell your content’ … figures. :-/