Runtime error when testing PC Xojo program created on Mac

Hi…I’ve been trying to port some of my Xojo-created Mac desktop apps to Windows. I’m developing the program on my Mac, then moving the PC executable and associated folders to the PC for testing. One ported perfectly. One ported without errors, but I’ve got some figuring to do (I think need to go back to my code and make some more “if windows do this”, “if mac do this” kind of thing.

But, one program I tried to port from Mac to PC gave me a runtime error when I ran it on the PC. I got a message saying “Run Time Error: Common/Loaders/Loader.cpp 173, Failure Condition 0, Failed to load lib CoreGraphics”.

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong or what I’m not taking into account? I must be doing something different in this program than the others that ported near perfectly, but no clue what? Anyone seen this before…Thanks! Regards, Ken

Are you using macOS declares in that project? CoreGraphics is part of Apple’s APIs, so no wonder it cannot be loaded on a Windows machine.

1 Like

Yep. :slight_smile:

As Ulrich said, CoreCraphics is Apple-specific. If you’re not calling it directly with a Declare, perhaps you’re using a plugin that is.

Thank you Ulrich and Jerry. Yup, that’s the problem. It’s been so long since I worked on this particular code, I actually forgot that I did use a Declare which required CoreGraphics. Back to work…and thanks again!

1 Like

You know about remote debugging right?

I do now, thanks for the link! :slight_smile: