Running Xojo project without "building" it

Click on the name of the individual, and on his profile, “Ignore member”.

Click their name in the list
That takes you to their profile
In the upper left is “Ignore member”

[quote=129295:@Norman Palardy]The IDE won’t by default load & run a project
At best you could have it load one[/quote]
It may be possible to write an application that can start Xojo and then send keystrokes to Xojo to load and run the required project.

Syed…

Probably…I was just trying to see if a shortcut with some options would load and run it. Good idea though.

This is a neat idea… users can modify the code prior to use.

Assuming they know what they’re doing :stuck_out_tongue:
Otherwise they could wreck your carefully written code :slight_smile:

[quote=129320:@Norman Palardy]Assuming they know what they’re doing :stuck_out_tongue:
Otherwise they could wreck your carefully written code :)[/quote]

I can just see the support call on this :slight_smile:

User calls in with a complaint about something not working… then the support rep replies with… “well… you can fix it yourself”

Rich…

To put it in perspective… this is a very simple app I’m putting together for a friend that runs a machine shop. Just analyzes port flow, saves to db, prints results. They wouldn’t modify it because they’d break it. LOL

OK. You tried Xojo and do not like it. Fair enough. Now you do not want to buy. Fair again. Then why do you want to keep using the evaluation version then, if it is so bad ?

Instead of trying every trick in the book to avoid buying, why not be a man and rewrite the app with a free tool for Linux like KBasic which is available at http://www.kbasic.com/

Or Freebasic http://freebasic.net/

And, please, no need for bad words. This is just a suggestion between adults.

Michel: I’m going to finish the app so they can use it, then, yes, I will rewrite it.

No bad words. I just give back what I get.

Michel:
Its not Xojo that I dislike…its how slow the IDE is and the lack of some real testing under Linux. Xojo and what it does is great, just a very slow IDE.

[quote=129324:@Michel Bujardet]OK. You tried Xojo and do not like it. Fair enough. Now you do not want to buy. Fair again. Then why do you want to keep using the evaluation version then, if it is so bad ?

Instead of trying every trick in the book to avoid buying, …[/quote]
All is answered here. Please see the relevant section of that post copied below.

[quote=129329:@alex bartonek]Michel:
Its not Xojo that I dislike…its how slow the IDE is and the lack of some real testing under Linux. Xojo and what it does is great, just a very slow IDE.[/quote]

I know, I tried to assist and suggested Linux Mint I use. Indeed the Linux IDE is kind of sluggish.

No reason to get angry, though. I am sure if Xojo, Inc. Could make it snappier they would right away. And are probably trying to improve all the time.

I am not questioning your decision not to use Xojo because the IDE is slow. It is your prerogative.

I do question the “!@#$%”. Using names, however obfuscated, never helps. There are people here happily using the IDE under Linux and producing professional apps. They have their own reasons different than yours. Everybody’s opinion is worth a bit of respect, even if one does not agree.

[quote=129331:@Michel Bujardet]
I do question the “!@#$%”. Using names, however obfuscated, never helps.[/quote]

I didn’t obfuscate it. That wasn’t by choice. LOL!

At any rate… my question was answered. I appreciate the replies that stayed on topic.

[quote=129331:@Michel Bujardet]
I do question the “!@#$%”. [/quote]
That wasn’t a name just the F word which the forums don’t like

EDIT : This is me writing from Linux Mint in a VM trying to still figure out why in the heck it would be so dang slow for Alex

I know. That does not make it any better …

I did the same. Apart for a very real half a second lag when selecting anything in the IDE, I was not able to reproduce longer wait.

32 bit mint 17 running cinnamon is nearly as responsive as OS X

I’m very puzzled about alex’ experiences

[quote=129342:@Norman Palardy]32 bit mint 17 running cinnamon is nearly as responsive as OS X

I’m very puzzled about alex’ experiences[/quote]

Amazingly enough, a quick benchmark in IDE script between Mac OS X, Windows and Linux IDE show Linux under LM 32 bits Cinnamon to be the fastest. Who knows what is wrong.

Sorry to disagree, it’s about a year and a half the new IDE is released and there is no improvement for the Linux version and also not for the Windows version. Not even while about half of the Xojo users are affected, they do little to nothing to improve anything for these Os’s. The only things i see from Xojo staf and ceo are negative remarks about Windows and Linux and praise of Mac.
That’s the reason why i stopped renewing a year ago.

Andre hit the nail on the head. That’s what makes me hesitant to buy in the first place.