Run Xojo on Terminal

Hi to All.
I tried to execute Xojo on Ubuntu 14.10 (32bit - Memory 2Gb).
Open new project and… crash:
Xojo is unusable on Ubuntu.

[quote]xojo2014r31$ ./Xojo
libocci.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory[RB] Unable to load plugin OraclePlugin.xojo_plugin
Could not load libWebKit
Could not load libGtkHTML

(Xojo:5680): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkImageMenuItem

(Xojo:5680): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type ‘GdkDisplayManager’

(Xojo:5680): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion ‘result != 0’ failed

(Xojo:5680): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion ‘G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)’ failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)[/quote]

Looks like you’re missing one or more required libraries

Hello Michele,

I’m sorry you’re having trouble. What desktop are you using with Ubuntu? Unity? GNOME? MATE? … That might help. Xojo uses the GTK controls so we need to make sure those are loaded.

As a small note, we can eliminate that Oracle plugin, unless you’re going to use it. Mine are installed in /opt/xojo/xojo2014r31/Plugins . I move out all of the plugins that I’m not going to use, and I’m left with just the MySQL and PostgreSQL plugins.

HTH.

I use default Ubuntu: Unity…

[quote=157413:@Michele Giannelli]Could not load libWebKit
Could not load libGtkHTML
[/quote]
These are necessary and are not installed by default. You need to use apt-get or your favorite package tool to add then to your system.

I use Xojo on Mac, so for me is all fine.
But is useful know Xojo do not run on Ubuntu (so is useful update this page).

Three test:

1. WEB project: work, but:

[quote]xojo2014r31$ ./Xojo
(Xojo:13859): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkImageMenuItem

When CLOSE Xojo:
** (Xojo:13947): CRITICAL **: os_bar_hide: assertion ‘OS_IS_BAR (bar)’ failed
(Xojo:13947): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_hide: assertion ‘GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed
** (Xojo:13947): CRITICAL **: os_bar_set_parent: assertion ‘OS_IS_BAR (bar)’ failed
(Xojo:13947): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_hide: assertion ‘GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed
** (Xojo:13947): CRITICAL **: os_bar_set_parent: assertion ‘OS_IS_BAR (bar)’ failed
[/quote]

1. CONSOLE project: work, but:

quote: Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkImageMenuItem

When CLOSE Xojo:
** (Xojo:13981): CRITICAL **: os_bar_hide: assertion ‘OS_IS_BAR (bar)’ failed
(Xojo:13981): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_hide: assertion ‘GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)’ failed
** (Xojo:13981): CRITICAL **: os_bar_set_parent: assertion ‘OS_IS_BAR (bar)’ failed
[/quote]

1. DESKTOP project, crash:

quote: Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_menu_attach_to_widget(): menu already attached to GtkImageMenuItem
(Xojo:14007): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type ‘GdkDisplayManager’
(Xojo:14007): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion ‘result != 0’ failed
(Xojo:14007): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion ‘G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)’ failed
Errore di segmentazione (core dump creato)[/quote]

NOTE: the libwebkit and libGtkHTML are installed.

Maybe is useful insert a wiki linux-client inside this page for more Linux distributions as Debian, Fedora, FreeBSD, Linux Mint, Mageia, Mandriva, OpenSUSE, Ubuntu.
For example, Linux Mint works fine.

I’ve created a feedback report on this - <https://xojo.com/issue/37680>

The interesting thing is that the current Feedback app runs fine.

I’ve tested with 12r2.1, 13r3.3 and 14r2.1 and they also fail to open. This is definitely a change in Ubuntu 14.10 and not a Xojo-specific problem.