RTF in iOSTextArea

Is it possible to do some formatting in a iOSTextArea?

Nope. No way.

One possibility is to use a canvas to show formatted text, since you have all formatting available in DrawTextBlock and DrawTextLine.

Would you guys be interested in HTML Edit for iOS?
It should be possible because the declare for JavaScript on Mac is actually really simple and may translate easily. I haven’t put too much thought into it because I don’t really do Xojo for iOS, but I mean if there’s interest…

[quote=163307:@Michel Bujardet]Nope. No way.

One possibility is to use a canvas to show formatted text, since you have all formatting available in DrawTextBlock and DrawTextLine.[/quote]
Well, I think it would be possible with declares to NSAttributedString… But I’ve never used the class myself so I can’t say I know how.

[quote=163484:@Tim Parnell]Would you guys be interested in HTML Edit for iOS?
It should be possible because the declare for JavaScript on Mac is actually really simple and may translate easily. I haven’t put too much thought into it because I don’t really do Xojo for iOS, but I mean if there’s interest…[/quote]

Given the poverty of the iOS current control choice, and the fact that apparently there is no NSTextView yet in iOS, I shall think a rich text control will undoubtedly be a great success. I just put “iOS Rich Text” in Stack Overflow search, and there are 200 pages.

Looks like you may have a larger market for iOS than for Mac, given the fact that Mac has already StyledText, where iOS has nothing.

About the declare, just go to the iOS Library and put the name of the methods you use for your declare in Cocoa. Chances are you will find just the same. Usually prefixed NS for Cocoa, UI for iOS.

To show an RFT text use an iOSHTMLViewer
it can show a lot of formats