Rounding dilemma redux

It is written that the fix will be available in the next version, but Milestone is set to Xojo 2023r1, not 2024rx. ???

@Gilles_Plante

we would want it fixed in next release (2023R1) not a year+ from now :grin:

1 Like

Oh boy, my glasses need to be cleaned !

@Gilles_Plante
No worries I’m sure we all understood what you meant and my glasses never get cleaned enough it seam’s :smiley:

I’m not seeing it fixed. It is open and related to another reopen one that seems closed prematurely.

Please add :+1:t2: https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo/-/issues/71567 so it can’t sink forgotten easily into the past.

I just gave it a :+1:

1 Like

Got a :+1: from me

1 Like

Just added a :+1:.

1 Like

As it says in the case: “The issue is closed because the issue has been fixed. The fix should be available when the next version of the IDE is available to you.”

No need for :+1:t2: if the case is a duplicated of one already fixed

Marked as related, not as fixed, not closed, not duplicated. I guess it wasn’t even tested yet. If passed the tests it would be closed as “duplicated” or “already fixed” or something. It’s open and waiting for evaluation.

2 Likes

I have been watching this on tracker and really feel this deserves more upvotes. Actually I’m surprised this is not at the very top, since this is a very critical bug. I’m sure it will be fixed, but I hope it has the priority it deserves.

I wonder how many developers this is affecting, without them even knowing. I wish this thread had a different title so that the issue was more discoverable. The repercussions could be so severe, that this info should be pinned as a PSA until it is fixed.

Again, I have to give many thanks to @Rick_Araujo for pursuing this issue properly, creating test cases, suggesting I test it for US English locale (as I thought I would not be affected), and for not assuming this was the same issue as a similar bug that was reported to be fixed.

Thank you @Rick_Araujo !

1 Like

A more complete test suite was uploaded today. Showing that the problem persists. Fails 4 of 10 tests.

Fails that can cause loss of 1 dollar to trillions of dollars.

1 Like

Has anyone tested this in the prerelease that they gave us yesterday?

Yes @Rick_Araujo did and updated the tracker

1 Like