Rotation on iOS Simulator

has anyone else noticed strangeness with the iOS Simulator and “device rotation”?
In simulator sometimes (not always) when I tell it to “rotate left/right” the display rotates, the program SAYS it recognized the event, but the contents don’t move.
If I tell it to rotate again, THEN it shows what should have been there on the first rotation event.

On a real device, it works correctly every time.

[quote=184258:@Dave S]has anyone else noticed strangeness with the iOS Simulator and “device rotation”?
In simulator sometimes (not always) when I tell it to “rotate left/right” the display rotates, the program SAYS it recognized the event, but the contents don’t move.
If I tell it to rotate again, THEN it shows what should have been there on the first rotation event.

On a real device, it works correctly every time.[/quote]

Yes, it is bugged. Often enough, rotate left, does not work, then rotate right twice, and it works. I hate that …

Thanks… at first I thought it was my code, and spent hours pulling what little hair I have left out… then when I loaded it on to my iPad it worked correctly. So I will just chalk it up to “an annoyance”

The simulator is buggy in other ways. For instance, the language support gives you access to all languages, as long as they are US English :wink:

The simulator is a bad replacement for a real device anyway. Some GPU-intensive calls like CIFilter and, yes, SpriteKit are handled via the Mac’s CPU although the Mac has the same frameworks available. Which means you can test but with lousy framerates and uncertainty about the real performance.

conversely… for MOST tasks, the CPU in you desktop (and the simulated “i” device) run FASTER than the real CPU in an “i” Device, not saying that all the simulated framework features are the same, but the CPU performance overall. I noticed this on a SWIFT application I wrote, while the response time on my iPad was well within the acceptable range, it was in fact noticeably faster in the Simulator. And not all of us can afford to have a drawer full of every model device, and therefore have to rely on the simulator