I noticed that @Robin_Lauryssen-Mitc hasn’t been on the new forum yet, he hasn’t been active on feedback in a while and he’s not posted since the middle of May. Is he ok?
What’s wrong with lurking for a long time ?
Nothing. But if you are a frequent poster and then suddenly nothing then people tend to be concerned. After all, people DO die from time to time …
Robin always try to understand my Feedback Cases, I hope he is ok.
He’s in Europe. It’s August. Probably on vacation
Hi all. Alive but not entirely well. Taking medication (for my knees) that makes me very tired. Should be finished with it October/November time. In addition my daughter is off to a UK university in September. So dealing with all that entails. COVID is complicating everything!! Travel, border and quarantine restrictions seem to change on a daily basis.
I am trying to help with Feedback cases as it gives me something to do and I enjoy them - strange but true!
Thanks for the update Robin, I’m glad to hear that you’re around and I hope you’re feeling better soon. These are indeed strange times and I wish you and your family all the best.
Thanks for the concern, but I am alive and kicking! Well, not quite ‘kicking’, more on that in a moment. It’s been a hectic year:
- Covid related: wife working from home (messes your daily schedule!!!), daughter senior year exams mess (no exams, calculated results, yadda, yadda…)
- Xojo related: 2020r1 - if you think it was a lot of work, it was a LOT more than that!
- Me related - been on a lot of medication to fix problems with knees; makes me tired a lot of the time. Daughter off to university in mid September with all that entails (Covid - again, international shipping, yadda, yadda …)
Now with all of that out of the way:
- Forum: It’s true I don’t read as much as I’d like. It takes a lot of time that quite frankly I’d prefer to spend on Feedback cases. So if you want something looked into file a Feedback case (we do keep saying that!).
- Feedback: A lot of time has been taken up with 2020r1. I’m hoping to start seeing a lot more real-world issues being reported in Feedback. If I can be here to read and work on Feedback cases you can be out there to write them!
A.K.A. Feedback grunt - think of the old guy in the rowboat in Waterworld
“Oh thank God!”