Renewels + New Features

Is it really too complicated to send out mails to all customers? Especially the customers in those heathen countries outside of the US?

Just asking…

I’m feeling a little left out too… Kind of sad that customers have to find out about it on the forums from a posting by someone kind of questioning it and not a marketing posting from Dana…

I’m not in the US and I received it, maybe it went to your spam folder?

Nope. I check the spam folder at least once a day.

Unsubscribed from marketing posts ?
That’d be my guess

I got the e-mail as well.

I doubt that both iOS and x64 will be shipped during 2014 so I will wait and see :slight_smile:

It looks like you are opted-out. You can opt back in by changing the option in your Account settings.

I also accepted the offer and renewed today. I think it is a very generous offer, expecially for a very small application developer as me. In fact I waited for years for such an offer like this. So I am very happy that I can now extend my license too for a very good price.

I expect very much from LLVM support and like to work with Xojo. Even when LLVM would not be for this year anymore, I should not be disappointed because many of the bugs I came accross are already being solved. Except of the r2 version (which was a disaster for me) and especially the r4.1 version improved Xojo very much for me.

This kind of discussions seems to pop up every once in a while. I wonder why this renewal offer is such a problem for some people. Nobody is forced to accept it and even when you let your license expire, you can still build for the last license you have paid for. What is the problem then?

Friendly greetings,

Chris

It looks like you are also opted out, so that is why you didn’t get the sale offer. If you wish to receive these emails you will need to change that in your account settings.

Or you can follow us on Twitter to get notified of sales, specials and useful Xojo tips.

@@xojo

[quote=60505:@Chris Verberne]I also accepted the offer and renewed today. I think it is a very generous offer, expecially for a very small application developer as me. In fact I waited for years for such an offer like this. So I am very happy that I can now extend my license too for a very good price.

I expect very much from LLVM support and like to work with Xojo. Even when LLVM would not be for this year anymore, I should not be disappointed because many of the bugs I came accross are already being solved. Except of the r2 version (which was a disaster for me) and especially the r4.1 version improved Xojo very much for me.

This kind of discussions seems to pop up every once in a while. I wonder why this renewal offer is such a problem for some people. Nobody is forced to accept it and even when you let your license expire, you can still build for the last license you have paid for. What is the problem then?

Friendly greetings,

Chris[/quote]

Chris,

I too believe that this is a generous offer from Xojo and renewed yesterday.

I think the concern here by the OP is that Xojo’s marketing team advertising is a bit misleading and often times gives the customer a bad taste in their mouth. Then, the response by everyone is… “you should buy your license on what Xojo offers today and not projected features”. I have seen this happen a number of timesvsince I purchased my first license in 2008.

I think it would do the Xojo community a GREAT services in the Xojo marketing team would advertise on the platform of what is available today rather than upcoming features that MAY or MAY not come this year. Doing so, will allow the customer to feel more confident in their purchases rather than feeling buyers remorse.

Understand that I am very PRO Xojo… I just wish the Xojo marketing team would finally listen to these concerns.

Well I re-upped today. On a retired budget a buck saved is a buck earned.
I had to renew in may anyway.

Of course I renewed. Who could say no to Dana? Oops, I mean, who could pass up a 25% discount? :wink:

I have - several times
But it usually comes out as “No of course I’ll do that” :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=60286:@Kem Tekinay]How could it possibly be misleading if you can try almost every aspect of the environment for an unlimited time before deciding to purchase? If Xojo doesn’t have a feature you need, or otherwise doesn’t meet your needs, you can know long before you have to commit any cash to it. If you want it to be feature-complete before you pay, wait for it to be feature-complete before you pay. Meanwhile, you could spend years developing your apps until they are perfect without spending a cent.

If you decide to purchase anyway, it means that the license has adequate value for you today, and it doesn’t matter what tomorrow might or might not bring. Someone saying they were “mislead” under these circumstances is a hard sell.[/quote]
The point I was making is that if they advertise this without stating that you won’t be able to update without cost, in my opinion, they should provide it, even it is the future. I was not complaining but giving my opinion. I am developing a project and I have not yet spent a single penny on Xojo. So I was not speaking for myself. Thank you very much.