Remove Untitled Property bug...

Can I get somebody to confirm this, on multiple platforms, and see if it’s affecting yours too?

Create a new project (I’m using console, so not sure yet if it’s any other project types)
Create a Property (it will create a property title ‘Untitled’)
Immediately remove that property (supposed you clicked to create it on accident)
Create a Constant

Does this cause the IDE to crash w/ a ‘That name is already in use’ error?’ and cause the IDE to forcefully close?

Xojo 2014r2.1 IDE under Windows 8.1
Console Application

Just tried this w/ a Desktop application. Error didn’t occur when trying this on the Window; however, did under the App.

On top of this… sometimes when I ‘recover unsaved changes’ resulting from this crash on the next IDE launch, and I build the console executable from the recovered source, the application immediately closes with a “missing framework DLL” message (this doesn’t happen all the time).

[quote=132049:@Eric Brown]Can I get somebody to confirm this, on multiple platforms, and see if it’s affecting yours too?

Create a new project (I’m using console, so not sure yet if it’s any other project types)
Create a Property (it will create a property title ‘Untitled’)
Immediately remove that property (supposed you clicked to create it on accident)
Create a Constant

Does this cause the IDE to crash w/ a ‘That name is already in use’ error?’ and cause the IDE to forcefully close?

Xojo 2014r2.1 IDE under Windows 8.1
Console Application[/quote]

Just happened to me about an hour ago in a Desktop Windows app.

I added a property to a module, then deleted it without doing anything to it because I realized I wanted a constant instead, and when I added the constant, the IDE crashed.

I did not think much of it then, but now I tried doing it again and no crash. Seems pretty random.

I’ve had it to, on Win7, when I opened the auto save it had lost the reference to the main window… not a big deal but it took me an hour to figure out why my project just started and quitted with no errors
Another thing that causes a crash is if you use a duplicate id or leave the id blank accidentally, you get the warning then it crashes