Remote Debugging issue on R Pi

For me it randomly does not launch, I have no idea why, sometimes if it does not then I delete all the files and start over and then it works and some applications just don’t work ever at all.

Applications that do not work then I see the tar.gz file appear and then nothing more. (guessing it fails in decompressing maybe ?)

start the remote stub from the cmd line and we can see whats going on in the log

console apps definitely have issues

I think its not really Xojo’s fault, every time I have had this issue tonight it has been poor network or Raspberry network issue.

And of course if people have GPIO projects that need sudo then they need to remember to launch the Remote debugger with sudo

Couldn’t I simply launch the Remote Debugger Stub with sudo, so that it can auto-launch the app with root permissions?

Not all the GPIO uses need sudo or gksudo.

I’ve debugged and launched a lot of RaspberryPI app that use GPIO intensively without any trouble or special “user”.

OP here. I bought a new 32GB MicroSD card, installed the latest Raspbian Jessie on it and now it works. Go figure. I’m happy.

You know, I had a similar issue. I upgraded to a bigger MicroSD card and things started magically working.

Some sd cards just aren’t great. I had a PNY card fail after only about 4-5 months in light usage. It would read ok, but wouldn’t write.

I have a GPIO app that I can start on the pi, but there is no tab in the IDE for the running program, and breakpoints are not active (2018r1.1). There was mention in this thread of starting my app manually with sudo. How is that done?

Besides from possible failures, there are a lot of fake SD cards around, even those that look like usual brands. The retailers buy small or quality test failed SD cards, relabel them with a higher capacity and manipulate their firmware so they report more storage than they really have. The user will only notice when the physical capacity of the card is exceeded.