Remote debugger

I have the remote debugger desktop running on Windows 7.

On mac I went into preferences debugger and Added my windows machine. i could see it and Add worked fine.

Then when I went to Project - Run Remotely… I selected the computer on the list… then it disappeared and nothing ran.

The remote desktop debugger is still running in Windows. it didn’t crash.

I then went into Windows Firewall and made sure the Remote Debugger Desktop app was not blocked. it isn’t.

Back to the Mac Xojo… still can’t see the Windows computer on “Add”.

What else should I check?

Have you restarted Xojo on the mac?

Well just tried that and it solved the problem! Thanks for the suggestion!
I thought it was a firewall issue.

I can’t believe I have been using realbasic and xojo for so long and never knew about the remote debugger.

DOH!

This thing is magic… except when you set breakpoints and have to run back and forth between computers. :slight_smile:

KVM.

I’ve got 4 computers (2 macs and 2 PCs) connected through 2 KVM switches to 2 monitors which I can switch independently to any computer. Great for remote debugging. I switch the target computer to use my main monitor, and switch the code computer to the secondary monitor so I can see when it breaks into a breakpoint, then switch over to that computer to check out what I need to do.

Also, the remote debugger is the only way to debug Paint events (since switching to the debugger will redraw the window, and repaint the window you are debugging).

[quote=314681:@Tim Turner]I can’t believe I have been using realbasic and xojo for so long and never knew about the remote debugger.

DOH!

This thing is magic… except when you set breakpoints and have to run back and forth between computers. :-)[/quote]

Thats where remote control software makes a nice difference
You can work on one machine & remotely control the other and dont have to run back & forth :slight_smile:

Indeed, I have 4 monitors attached to my dev machine often I have 3 of them running remote desktop services to client machines even occasionally an Apple device.