RealStudio IDE no longer responds to double clicks

Yes, I’m using RealStudio (2010r2.1) not XOJO. The IDE recently stopped responding to double clicks under Windows 7 (I cannot double click a control to bring up it’s code, or to view a code window from the ‘Search results’ window.)

I deleted the ‘User/AppData/Roaming/Real Software/’ and ‘User/AppData/Roaming/Real Studio/’ directories, and restarted; but neither has remedied the problem. Do I need to reinstall the software, or is there anything else I can try?

I suspect the latest round of updates from Microsoft on Tuesday broke something. Do you have this problem in newer versions of the IDE?

Ok, this is the weirdest thing. This has been going on for several days now (don’t know if it actually started Tuesday or not, but that certainly sounds like around the time it started), and right after you posted, I checked and it’s now working. It wasn’t working when I first opened this file, and now it is without closing and reopening the file.

The ‘Back’ button has also not been working, and is now working again as well.

…and now it has stopped working yet again! I don’t have a newer version of the IDE on this computer to test, I’ll have to see if I can install one later.

Have you restarted your computer? I have had this issue…cleared the cache (did nothing), restarted my laptop, and all was working perfect again.

I’ve restarted the application, the computer and trashed the cache files, all several times

Between the time when Greg posted, then my 2 replies, the application has gone from not working to working and back to not working, all within the same opened file and without restarting the application or closing the file.

This is starting to piss me off to no end. Is there a # for the suspected Microsoft ‘Update’ that I can uninstall to see if that solves the problem?

Edit: and now it’s working yet again. Still haven’t closed the file.

just curious? you don’t happen to have Norton Security do you?..