Q: What are these icons in File Type Group Editor?

I was foolng around in the File Type Group Editor (FTGE) and saw some icons (above the large Icon), but no explanation found in the LR:

This appeared when I dropped a Folder (and a zip archive file too) on the FTGE. [error ?]

A second Icon was added (with green ?), but I was not able to find what file I used when I wanted to copy/paste it here.

This one is from a .sqlite file, after I checked the “File type is unique to ths application” CheckButton (still searching to display the green small icon). [warning ?]

At last, I dropped three .jpg files and get 3 new file types for .jpg. Save apply if you drop more than once the ame file. Not really important (I think), but a test and a reject if the file type already exists will be nice.

FWIW.

BTW: I read this entry
https://documentation.xojo.com/getting_started/using_the_ide/file_type_group_editor.html

The stop sign
appears when “File type is unique to this app” is checked.

A bad choice of icon imo, because it makes you think that there is some kind of error, when in fact there is not.

2 Likes

Hover your cursor over the icon. It’ll tell you what’s wrong. Most likely it’s saying that you haven’t defined an icon.

1 Like

Ah, thanks. Learn something new every day :slight_smile:

Screen Shot 2021-07-17 at 1.37.30 PM

It’d be super-handy if you could just tell it to use the application’s icon instead of having to load it into the FTGE all over again.

1 Like

Thank you.

Makes sense. I was fooling around, not working, so I do not pasted any icon :wink: .

Have a nice Sunday.