Project worked in r2.1 - crashes in r3?

Hey all,

I have a project with basic Xojo controls and code that worked flawlessly in 2014r2.1, only CustomUI has been added. Now when I try to Run in the new version, it crashes, flashing a super-quick Error window right before it compiles and starts to run, and… that’s it. Is there a way to see what happened and why it stopped? Where can I view compile or run errors so I can fix them?

Mac, Windows, Linux? On the Mac there should be crash logs. Have you tried to delete the caches? On the Mac these are at user/Library/Caches/com.xojo.xojo.

[quote=149833:@Derek DiBenedetto]Hey all,

I have a project with basic Xojo controls and code that worked flawlessly in 2014r2.1, only CustomUI has been added. Now when I try to Run in the new version, it crashes, flashing a super-quick Error window right before it compiles and starts to run, and… that’s it. Is there a way to see what happened and why it stopped? Where can I view compile or run errors so I can fix them?[/quote]

Does the IDE crash? or does your application crash on launch? Either way, it’d be good if you filed a bug report with some reproducible steps.

Windows 8, where is the cache there? Didn’t try that. Application crashes on launch.

Check this link out: https://forum.xojo.com/13475-xojo-2014-r2-crashing-debugs-no-working-exes/0 .