ProgressBar very thin on 2015R1

Hello guys, what happened with the progress bar on mac and how i can make it wider ? it seems that you cannot make the progress bar wider than the default height, it enlarges the dragging dots space but the actual control stays the same, at least on the Indeterminate progress bar you cannot even see the fading .

Thanks in advance

This is a feature of Yosemite and has nothing to do with Xojo. AFAIR Sam has made a Radar request to get better visibility for the indeterminate progress bar.

Example of a thicker Progressbar

Thanks Alex, i was looking to the native one but anyway it is better than nothing . Just as an idea, do you have any progress bar that changes the color as well, for example 20% green; 50 % orange and so on , i was looking for something like this for a battery monitor for a ups, i guess, i can use it in the web as well.

thanks again.

replace the code in mt.Action with

prg.Value = prg.Value + 1

rct.Width =  prg.Value  * (prg.Width / prg.Maximum)
  rct2.Width =  prg.Value  * (prg.Width / prg.Maximum)

if prg.Value < prg.Maximum * 0.2 then rct.FillColor = &cB3B3B300  //grey
  if prg.Value > prg.Maximum * 0.2 then rct.FillColor = &c00FF0000  //green
  if prg.Value > prg.Maximum * 0.5 then rct.FillColor = &cFF7F0000  //orange
  if prg.Value > prg.Maximum * 0.9 then rct.FillColor = &cFF000000  //red

if prg.Value = prg.Maximum then
    me.Mode = 0
  end if

I updated it and added a vertical.
Example of a thicker Progressbar

My Apple bug report has been closed as a duplicate of an existing bug report. Which is about all the traction I get on the plethora of bug reports I filed for Yosemite.

Basically you have 3 choices.
#1 Suck it up and accept that if you want native controls, you’ll have to have this useless tiny POS.
#2 Screw native controls and roll your own.
#3 In theory with the right declares you could stretch out a NSProgressBar to be fatter; however it would look blurred and terrible on a Retina display.

[quote=172333:@Aurelian Negrea]Thanks Alex, i was looking to the native one but anyway it is better than nothing . Just as an idea, do you have any progress bar that changes the color as well, for example 20% green; 50 % orange and so on , i was looking for something like this for a battery monitor for a ups, i guess, i can use it in the web as well.

thanks again.[/quote]
Apple have a control for that, it’s called NSLevelIndicator; I would expect the MBS plugins to have this control.

How old was your duplicate ?
We submitted one (joe can probably tell you the details) that was marked as a duplicate of a 17 year old bug :slight_smile:
Thanks for getting right on that one
(And yes we get a lot of flak for old bugs that remain unfixed but we dont have any THAT old)

Do you mean like this one here:

Or something like this ?

Hi Sam, everybody who read this:

Can you add the reference (machine, model, year of sale, running OS) of the retina display where it looks terrible ?

My MacBook Pro 13"Retina never looks terrible. I am asking myself if along the lines of years / models / OS, changes have been done and current (or so) models never looks terrible ?

And for Xojo Web Applications:

http://166.78.113.238/customprogressbar/