Program ran before upgrading to 4.1 and latest windows 11 update

Screenshot 2022-09-14 171044 error

I am compiling with Inno setup. Older compile worked before updating, new Compile after update gives common\plugin.cpp: 1002 and multiple errors. This was after updating to R4.1 and a windows 11 update. I built a program with one form and a label and then used Inno setup to compile it and got the same error when trying to run the program. Tried it on a different computer and did the same,

Your setup is wrong, the app is missing files.

Make sure to copy ALL the files created when xojo compiles the app and preserve the folder names and structure.

I Triple checked to make sure all of the files were included. I tried compiling with a different setup program and it gave me the same error when trying to run. I cruised the blog and gleaned everything I could on the error. Made sure all my plugs ins were there. I recompiled some scripts that I had of older programs that had run compiled and got the same error.

Leaving InnoSetup out of it, can you just run the app on that machine? Just put the Xojo build folder on there and double-click the enclosed .exe (or do a debug run in the IDE.) What happens?

Make sure innosetup is copying the entire contents of the Libs folder that’s next to the built app. The error you’re getting is indicative of that not being the case.

1 Like

Running the program.exe from the build folder works. My firewall is blocking the debug run, I’m working on that now.

Thanks,
Wayne

I think we’ve found what we need. The app itself is fine and you don’t have a missing/outdated plugin or something.

So it’s like Greg said, and you should make sure the Libs folder is being copied completely by InnoSetup.

While you’re at it, a Xojo Windows build also places a number of DLLs in the root of the build folder, alongside the .exe. Make sure these are all referenced properly in the script. You didn’t say what version of Xojo you upgraded “from”, and there are sometimes subtle changes.

1 Like

Upgraded from R4.0 to R4.1. I will give it a try again.

Thanks for your Time
Wayne

I was able to get it working, not exactly sure what I did, works now. What I did do was how my database was being accessed, changed from having Inno add a directory and copying SQLite database to it, to having my program do it. Added database to the same folder as the program and have the program make the directory folder and copy the database to the folder that way the program knows where it is located. After that everything seemed to work coincidently. My virus checker also found a virus and quarantined it. I also opened the ports for XOJO in my firewall. Thanks for all the help, like my Mom use to say desperation is the Mother of invention.

Thanks, Everyone