Duplicating a control in a control set increases the index by two! Not what I would expect. Not what I would ever want.
To duplicate the problem:
- Place a control such as a textfield in a window.
- Give it a name in the inspector. (Probably not required to duplicate the problem.)
- Under “Control Set,” select “New Control Set.”
- Reselect the window in the navigator.
- Click on the control created in step one. Check the inspector. The control has an index of 0.
- Duplicate the control using command-D (Mac). The new control has an index of 2!
This is a real pain. I always want consecutive index numbers for controls.