Printing to specific printer impossible?

Huh, curious. I just came here for the same reason - finding that my previously working code doesn’t work any more on 10.14.

My goal is to invoke the Printer Setup dialogs once during setup, then store their config and then later activate one of these saved configs in order to print to a particular printer, then switch to another setup and print to the other printer (I’m printing labels to various printers in succession).

Only if I display the Printer Setup dialogs by calling OpenPrinterSetup() each time before printing, the configs get activated in 10.14. But if I only call OpenPrinter(), then the configs are not activated. This used to work in 10.13, though.

I also tried using NSPrintInfoMBS but could not get that to work, either. A working example project would be nice to have. I’ll go seek one now.

(Oh, jeez - why can’t this forum software show the year with the date? When I read that Ulrich wrote this on “Oct '19”, I thought it was just a week ago. Ah yes, the year is displayed in a different place. But when you see one date, there’s no reason to look for another place - you assume you already have all the information. Damn web designers)