Printing Canvas to Dymo Labelwriter

I’m trying to draw text and images onto a canvas and then print those out using a Dymo labelwriter. I am able to layout everything I want into the canvas just fine but I’m now running into two issues:

1. The Dymo prints out a blank label when I try printing currently at 300 kDPI
2. It seems that the Dymo printer needs me to rotate my canvas 90 degrees

Any suggestions? I was thinking that it might be easier to save the canvas as an image, and rotate that 90 degrees. I’m not sure why I get a blank label right now. I’ve found similar conversations to this but not quite. This needs to work on Windows and Mac OS X.

I wouldn’t do it this way unless you’re showing the content zoomed in on the canvas by a factor of 4.16667. The canvas is inherently 72 dpi whereas the printer is 300. Better to draw the content to the printer again, especially any text, as needed.

As for the rotation, you can do this by setting the Landscape property first.

One of my Mac apps prints to Dymo label printers. You need to make sure the printer page properties are correct for orientation.

I’m rendering PDFs. I draw at 72 dpi to the Canvas and 300 dpi to the printer.

[quote=256031:@David Andrews]One of my Mac apps prints to Dymo label printers. You need to make sure the printer page properties are correct for orientation.

I’m rendering PDFs. I draw at 72 dpi to the Canvas and 300 dpi to the printer.[/quote]

That’s great advice. Would you be able to help point me to any guidance about setting up the printer page properties?

[quote=256030:@Greg O’Lone]I wouldn’t do it this way unless you’re showing the content zoomed in on the canvas by a factor of 4.16667. The canvas is inherently 72 dpi whereas the printer is 300. Better to draw the content to the printer again, especially any text, as needed.

As for the rotation, you can do this by setting the Landscape property first.[/quote]

Thank you for the guidance. Do you mean that I should choose landscape orientation in the OpenPrinter dialog?