Print resolution

Hello,

I am using xojo’s reports for printing, and I can’t seem to be able to print with a high enough resolution.

I have increased the resolution in my PrinterSetup, but after a point I did not see a difference, neither in the XPS document size, nor in the actual printed paper.
At the moment my code looks like this:

Dim PS As New PrinterSetup
PS.Landscape=true
PS.MaxHorizontalResolution = -1
PS.MaxVerticalResolution = -1
if PS.PageSetupDialog Then

Dim g As Graphics
g = OpenPrinterDialog(PS)
gLabelSetup = PS.SetupString
tfDoNOTDelete.Text = gLabelSetup

if g <> Nil Then
    if rpt.Run(lbWeekPrint, PS) Then
      if rpt.Document <> Nil Then
        rpt.Document.Print(g)
      End if
    End if
  End if
End if

It helps if you look through the forum first before asking a question - most of the time it has been asked (and answered) before.

Just 5 rows below your thread was the thread with the answer …

Thank you, I cannot seem to find the post you are referring to. Could you please tell me the name so I can search for it? Or a link?

Vasilis, you are rude…

https://forum.xojo.com/46391-allow-printing-at-higher-than-96-dpi-for-printers-capable-of-do

Will you be able to read it ? If no, did you wear your glasses ? (if needed) :wink:

Apologies, I am new here, did not realize I was being rude or offensive . Sincere apologies, I legitimately could not find the post Markus was talking about, and the search ended up returning a lot of threads, with most not being helpful.

In any way thank you for your time.

You weren’t

Search in this forum is rubbish. Really ,really, poor.
Also you couldn’t search for dpi because it only has 3 letters.
Search doesn’t even turn up results in date order, so a post I know I read only yesterday may not appear on the first page of results.
The post in question was a few lines down if you viewed all posts and weren’t searching.

I prefer to use Google and do a search with “Xojo” plus the term to find. I agree with Jeff, searching in this obsolete forum software is close to useless.

Or one can use this link here to search in this forum and the old Realbasic one, as well:
https://cse.google.de/cse/publicurl?cx=008988130934258766521:z7y63ptbi2q

Don’t worry, Emile sometimes is grumpy :wink:

Thank you all for the help. (The link will certainty prove useful in the future Oliver) I think that through the link that Emile provided I will manage to get my solution.

I will get the hung of the forums sooner or later :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers!

“grumpier” is talking :wink:

What I wanted to say is: as Markus wrote, you just have to read some lines below witout even making a search (in this case).

And searching something in this forum is not easy.

Vasilis: come back here when you want.

At last, no one noticed the smiley at the end of the post ? Must I put one at the end of each line ? Must I stop posting ?

It’s all cool, I got my answer and got to know a few of you. :smiley:

You probably didn‘t see it because you did not see all channels. At the top left of the forum click on All Channels to see everything.

And I agree, don‘t use the forum search, just use Google.

But it also depends on what you search for - I’m always amazed when people can’t find what then usually takes me 5 seconds to find. In this case searching for “Xojo printing high resolution” or even better “Xojo printing high resolution 96 dpi” gets you an answer quickly, certainly much quicker than writing a question and waiting for an answer - after all there are years of accumulated problem solving just a short query away.

… and the beginning! And to be sure one in the middle too!

Yes.

:wink: