PostgreSQL and Xojo

something very strange here (Xojo 4.1 Windows 7 32bits)
i save the data like
Db.CurrencyColumn(“reploomis”)=CDbl(TxtLoomisRep.Text)

and i read the data like
TxtLoomisPos.Text=Format(Rs.Field(“posloomis”).CurrencyValue,FormatValus)

And no Data show on the textfield way

I look on the DataBase and the Data is on the Db

Have you tried assigning Rs.Field(“posloomis”).CurrencyValue to a variable, and inspecting it in the debugger? What is the value of “FormatValus”?

yes (Sorry This is on Web app)
the variable show data but the textfield no

like this no work

TxtLoomisPos.Text=Rs.Field(“posloomis”).StringValue

When i use the texthanged event the value pass no show

What’s the value of FormatValus?

“###,##0.00”

something very strange here
I have on the Db a field have value of 17.55 when i read and show the Data show 17.50 i lost 0.05 way
i read the data like
or
TxtLoomisPos.Text=Format(Rs.Field(“posloomis”).CurrencyValue,"###,##0.00")

Same problem lost 0.05 in 1000 record i lost of .5 * 1000 =50.00 my accounting is crazy

[quote=60105:@Alexis Colon Lugo]something very strange here
I have on the Db a field have value of 17.55 when i read and show the Data show 17.50 i lost 0.05 way
i read the data like
or
TxtLoomisPos.Text=Format(Rs.Field(“posloomis”).CurrencyValue,"###,##0.00")

Same problem lost 0.05 in 1000 record i lost of .5 * 1000 =50.00 my accounting is crazy[/quote]

When dealing with money do not use doubles, the currency type is there for a reason - accuracy!

From text convert variant and then to currency via the CurrencyValue method. Having said that most accounting systems use integers internally for dealing with currency, with an offset for the decimal place.

ok
so who i use integers with decimal

It’s a bug for sure

Setting a currency field to 12.34 must be always 12.34, never 12.30

Never used integer fields for accounting. The currency format exists for a reason.

Also check your database monetary precision. LC_ MONETARY. http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/locale.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/datatype-money.html

IMHO currency values should always be stored in the smallest monetary unit of a specific currency as Int64. And then use multiplicators to format your data for the screen and the print-outs. Remember that:

• some currencies have more than 2 decimal places, and
  • there are currencies which are non-decimal (the larger monetary unit is not 10, 100, 1000 times the smallest monetary unit).

MONEY datatype is sensitive to locale. It’s good and bad. Some people just prefer ignore the locale and use NUMERIC instead, like:
NUMERIC(*,4) //four decimals

That way, the database carries it’s precision with the data. Storing decimal values as integers, this info is lost, only an external program knows where is the decimal part, if there is one. Not a good practice.

I’m confused
but then when i use Valentina Reports the no works ( use multiplicators)

Step 1 PostgreSql data type must be money
step2 use variant to copy the text field data to the currency value and save to the db

I have to be clear in order to continue programming

thanks to all help

the way to go is NUMERIC WITH DECIMALS
I TEST SOME EXAMPLES