Popup menu on iOS?

Hi.
I just installed Xojo yesterday and I am trying out some simple interface building for iOS. I cannot find any control for popup menu functionality anywhere. Isn’t there one?
If not, how do people select a value from a list?

Thank you.

A.

Use a table instead.

Or UIPicker from iOSKit

Use UIPicker.

The most common thing you see in iOS today is that a separate View with a table of values is displayed. When the user makes a selection in the table, the view is closed, returning the user to the prior view.

According to the IOS Human Interface Guidelines, the UIPicker and a table are the 2 ways to do this. Xojo doesn’t support the UIPicker yet. I think a table is easier to use, as you usually don’t have to scroll anything.

Are popovers supported or do I need to slide in a full screen view?
Thanks.

A.

[quote=270770:@Andreas Thyholdt]Are popovers supported or do I need to slide in a full screen view?
Thanks.
A.[/quote]

In iOS touch, you do not have contextual click that is typical of the use of Popovers.

However, no, they don’t exist, you have to brew your own. I believe drawing it in a canvas could do very nicely.

Thanks again for fast and helpful advice.

A.

… popovers are used on iOS and on iPhone6 you have contextual menu too…

Triggered by long press or otherwise ? Or now 3D touch ?

Years ago… I mean… a really long ago, when cell phones used smoke signals to transfer data… I had a smartphone. I forgot what kind. When I touched the screen for a few seconds, a small circle appeared, like a “donut-circle” as we would call it today. It grew over a few seconds. When the circle was completed, a contextual popup appeared.

To have something like that as a control in a Xojo app would be awesome.
As a matter of fact, I am trying to do something like that with a Canvas right now. That’s why I ran into this conversation :slight_smile: