Poll: Who thought "Newest Cases" was a Xojo priority list?

I’m curious what the actual numbers are for this.

Did anyone here think “Newest Cases” was a Xojo priority list?
What brought you to that assumption?
Was there something that can be done to help clarify that instead of removing the useful functions?

[quote=414351:@Tim Parnell]I’m curious what the actual numbers are for this.

Did anyone here think “Newest Cases” was a Xojo priority list? [/quote]

Not I

I thought votes mattered.

Newest cases, was for me, a quick and dirty view into what people were reporting. Even just reading the Summary was enough.

I’m not particularly happy with this change.

If anything Feedback became particular less useful for me.

What? “newest cases” was not the priority list? (just kidding)

Same. Everything else was really helpful to have but has never been felt like a priority or working on list…
And I DO NOT believe that Xojo is serious to us with the explanations they gave. :frowning:

Not me…

I used Top Cases, Newest and recently active to help me avoid issues as well as know what other who use the product are thinking are lacking features, which sometime helps plan how to approach a problem…

I don’t know if this originated with Geoff or the Engineering staff or marketing … but is a customer relations fiasco IMO…

• karen

Geoff is the one currently closing cases in which we are asking for bringing those sections back :confused:

That surprises me… and makes me wonder about something I hoped would never happen.

• Karen

Legal action(s) ?

Welcome to “Who’s Line is it Anyways?”… The show where stuff is made up and the points don’t matter! Lets have some fun!

[j/k]

This next game is for all Xojo developers…

Its called “Scenes from a Hat” … we polled our developer audience and asked them to come up with various topics…

The first one is… “Things you can tell Xojo but you can’t tell your spouse” :slight_smile:

On Topic: Not me.

Off Topic: Are you able to connect to feedback now Dave?

requires an active license… but that shouldn’t stop me from attempting to inject humor into an otherwise dismal topic

Well, let’s just hope they don’t decide to upgrade the forum too. Yikes!!!

And to stay on topic, I never thought ANY of the removed sections could possibly be construed as a Xojo priority list. Does Xojo have a priority list?

[quote=414367:@Sascha S]Same. Everything else was really helpful to have but has never been felt like a priority or working on list…
And I DO NOT believe that Xojo is serious to us with the explanations they gave. :([/quote]

Yeap, that looks like just an excuse to get rid of usefull information.

Maybe they dont like the users to get a picture of how many bugs the comunity are reporting?

[quote=414405:@Pedro Ivan Tellez Corella]Yeap, that looks like just an excuse to get rid of useful information.

Maybe they don’t like the users to get a picture of how many bugs the community are reporting?[/quote]

That was my thinking. I used it do get an idea of what was coming in from the community, but maybe they didn’t like people doing this. But Xojo’s excuse definitely seems like garbage. If that was true they could have just put a disclaimer text in red at the top of the section explaining that. The only other thing I can think is to improve performance by reducing hits to the feedback database with people checking the latest cases…

FTFY