Plugin for xojo

Hello,
my goal is to build plugins with available C code compiled for console application (windows and ubuntu).
Code concern atronomical computing for sun, moon, planets and the most important brihgt stars.
Some tuto in the web explain how to do it using visual studio 19 and 21.
Does another C/C++ able to do that, ex: gcc, Borland C, C++ Builder …
Any idea about this subject ?

1 Like

Sure. Anything able to create a DLL / dylib / so will make it :slight_smile:

all this kind of calculations are already available, for basic language (usually vb6)
it would be easier to translate this basic code to xojo native.
just my 2cts

also this kind of C/C++ code is usually not “pure C code” it’s often easy to translate to basic
chatgpt could be a good help for this.

Hello,
Since 2000 i develloped several applications in native vb6 based on the astronomical algorithms of Jean Meeus .
and also astronomical ephemeris base on french theories , vsop87 (planets) and elp82 (moon).
right now, the most of vb6 is converted to Xojo 2015r1.
for C code i use the Paul Joe Hefner book , “Fundamental ephemeris computations” .
And also open C source Steve Moshier’s using Dev. Ephemeris , DExxx based on the JPL numerical integration .
non activeX DLL is only builds with C++, even Xojo plugin.
there is no a xojo plugins per example atronomical ephemeris for planets, sun and moon wich provide information about the celestial coordinates, motion, rise and set time, etc …
my astro. dev. is oriented to celestial navigation.

Hello,
A lot tutorials to create non active DLL for VB6 with C/C++ compiler in the web, but lean for Xojo plugins.

You’d start with the Plugin SDK coming with the Xojo download in the Extras folder.

The easiest way is to get the example plugin to build and then modify it.

Searching the forum, you may find older threads in the Plugins - Xojo Programming Forum section.

Thank you Christian,
This is what i am trying to do.

Posted by Eugen Dakin in the following link : https://scispec.ca/index.php/blog/51-create-a-raw-c-dll-for-xojo
needs xojo2019 and visual studio 2019 , enough for beginning !